56

"Tell your grandson not to bother me."

The old lady sneered. "Little girl, in front of elders, don't say something that your heart does not mean. You will not benefit from it."

I retaliated. "I don't dare but it was your grandson who clung to me in the first place. I speak in honesty."

She glanced at me and thoughtfully said. "You do not like my family Ah Kang?"

"I like him." Without any hesitation, I admitted my feelings for him and had no intention of lying to myself in front of the elderly. I might as well bravely face her provocation.

"That.....you are still not satisfied?" The old lady's sharp eyes looked at me with disapproval, and seemed to criticize me for the contradictions.

I said with confidence. "Like.....does not mean that I am satisfied. For example, others will only look at his wallet, his appearance, and his panache. But when he clung to me, then I realized he likes to plot against people, he has a belly full of bad ideas, he has a strong controlling streak and he is an enemy that is almost hard to defeat."

"What? You treat him as an enemy?" The old lady frowned.

"Sometimes, yes.......that is why getting involved with him does not guarantee any happiness."

The old lady seemed to understand a little of my reasonable explanation and asked. "Then what about his good points? Do you see it?"

"He has a lot of good attributes or else I will not like him." I pondered for a moment and decided to tell the truth. "But I would have preferred.......he is not so handsome, has less money, be straightforward and occasionally let me win over him. He is too strong and hurts my self-esteem."

Unconsciously, I poured out the distress in my heart to the old grandmother, mainly because I had suffered at Kang Zixian's hands and nowhere to complain. Today, I simply poured out my heart for the old grandmother to listen and let her know that her grandson was not all perfect, and without flaws.

It was a pity that my whispers of complaints of Kang Zixian in Wan Taijun's ears turned into words of flattery for him. After all, I had complained that he was too strong, I was always the loser and this became another kind of affirmative which made Wan Taijun smiled and nodded. "I understand."

I refuted. "You don't understand."

The old lady was angry and with a cold expression, she said. "This old lady had eaten more salt than the rice that you have eaten, crossed more bridges than the roads that you have walked on. What else do you think this old lady does not understand?" (The words 'eaten more salt and crossed more bridges' means Wan Taijun is more experienced and had seen more in life than Liang Liang)

The old lady exploded taking the privilege as an elderly and I bowed my head, unwilling to give in and mumbled. "How can there be so many bridges in this world?"

The old lady naturally heard, her face remained calm, overlapped her two rounded hands and sulked like an old turtledove perching on the tree top.

"Disobedient......disregard the elderly when speaking......no discipline." She nagged while she stood up and walked to the door. "I am not pleased with you."

I decided not to hide my rogue personality, followed behind her and said. "Okay. You are not pleased with me and I am not satisfied with you but now I like your grandson. You can throw me a cheque but I will not let him go. If you want to separate the both of us, every day I will go to your house to put up a banner*. If you throw me out and I will abduct your grandson."

(Banner here means a cloth with words put up as a form of protest.)

The old lady turned around with a fierce tiger face and said sternly. "You are very brave, Fang Liang Liang. These ten plus years, nobody dared to threaten me, Wan Qi Hua. You are very brave."