41

After drifting abroad for so many years, Stone had changed tremendously. I and Fei Ge enjoyed a feast prepared by Stone for dinner and we both had to admit, compared to Stone, the two of us, real women had to work hard to improve ourselves. From a young master who need not do any menial work at home, he had now turned into a master chef.

The meal was really fragrant.

The feeling of the three of us fighting over food was exhilarating. Fei Ge had always favored fish over meat and Stone was always leaking soup from his mouth. I had always been the slowest to finish my food and also the one that ate the most.

That feeling of everlasting belief in our body began to kindle. Unable to have everlasting love then it also felt good to have an everlasting friendship.

Our mood was very good and after dinner Stone opened a bottle of red wine. The three of us sprawled on the sofa, taking sips of wine and listened to him talk about the years he had spent abroad.

Stone laid on the sofa, smiling broadly and laughed like a nit-wit, talking about matters of a different context. "Ai.....don't mention about it. The first year was simply a nightmare. With my broken English, even buying a hamburger, I would sweat profusely. Not to mention about reading...... Now thinking back to those days, it was really funny......could really make people change completely."

"There was once, a Dutch guy from the next room who wanted to pick a fight with me, can you guess what happened? I, as a dignified Chinese simply cannot be undermined and as I cannot quarrel with him in my broken English, so I used our ancient Chinese......country curse.....his mother, bla,bla, bla .....making him angry was more important. Ai.....when you are timid, people always like to harass you. So I simply did not care and no one dared to offend me. Then I realized.....what is there to be afraid of? In my own country, I am a stone in a latrine pit but in a foreign land, do I have to be liquid mud? *Pei* I decided that I will still be a stone in a latrine pit, still smelly and hard!"

"Good. Stone is a good example." Fei Ge said.

I and Fei Ge gave him an applause. Everyone was excited, faces were glowing, this chat lasted through the night until all three of us laid our heads on the sofa and slept.

These 7 years, more than 2000 days and nights, in one night.......all three people's stories could not be completely narrated.

Before going to sleep, I subconsciously looked at the phone.....there were no text messages. Inexplicably, I felt disappointed, so gritted my teeth and deleted his phone number. I did not know whether this was a thoughtful decision or because I was annoyed.

The next day when I opened my eyes, it was a bright day, so bright that the light dazzled my eyes. My limbs were sore, I sat up and looked at my watch, it was already 9.30 am. Stone was nowhere to be seen and on the table was the breakfast he bought, steaming hot soya milk and porridge. Under the bowl of porridge was a note: Lao Da, I still have a class in the morning. No need to come to school in the morning, sleep a bit more.

I held the paper in my hand, looked at the breakfast on the table and smiled. Behind me, Fei Ge was on the sofa with her long legs curled up, childishly wiped the saliva from her mouth, sleeping sweetly.

To tell the truth, I could not stand to see Fei Ge, this big woman cry. It was worse than seeing myself cry.

She has a happy family although her mother on the surface was a fierce lady but once you get to know her, you will find out that the old lady was particularly childish. She liked the sweet talk from sweet girls but her daughter, Fei Ge when feeling excited would love to say two words.....his mother. The old lady was a proper lady from a home of scholars, naturally, dislike this kind of speech.