I cried until I was deeply touched by myself. Playing a qualified shrew was not an easy feat. Playing a starving shrew who was making a scene was even harder. I have been touched by my professionality. The women around us were engaging themselves in a lively discussion while pointing out their fingers at us. Mama-san was so furious her face looked crooked. Under the sympathy of other women, my mournful lament seemed even more pitiful. I have reached the level where 'the grass was sorrowful with the sadness of the clouds'.

The businessmen hated people coming to their door talking about bad things. Yet every word I uttered was about life and death. I was practically violating their taboo. Even if mama-san did not believe that I was about to kick the bucket, one would still rather be safe than sorry. I guess that she must be afraid that I was truly a reincarnation of a bearer of the extreme ill luck. In the heart, she was surely scorning me. Sure enough, she waved her hand and yelled at me, "Scram! Scram as far as you can and never come back again!"

I wiped my snot and tears and timidly said, "Mama, don't chase me away! Let me earn some coffin money before I die! Waa things are so expensive nowadays, I can't afford to die..."

Mama-san was so infuriated she had to clutch her heart. I felt that she will keel over at any time. Someone by her side started to fan her, advising, "How did such person enter our Mei Se? Mama, don't be angry. It's not good for your body. Just chase her out. You'll feel better afterward."

"Consider laoniang having a lousy luck." Mama-san weakly nodded. While I was crying, she waved her hands at everyone and shouted, "Quickly, come and throw her out of Mei Se! So enraging!"

The women in the room did not move. They looked at each other, afraid to get their hands stained by my bad luck.

I pitifully looked up, "Mama, the money...."

As soon as I mentioned money, mama-san's face immediately turned sinister. "You want money?"

Mama-san probably realized that I was 'about to die' as her expression softened in the next moment. She waved her hand at me and told me in a very tired voice, "Take your salary and quickly scram from this place. Don't let me see you ever again."

I staggered while standing up, weeping even more loudly. At this time Lilisha gracefully got up and smiled at mama-san saying, "Mama, take a rest. I'll send this unlucky child off so she won't bother you anymore."

Mama-san nodded, glared at me and turned her head to viciously say to everyone, "What? Are you having a fun watching the show here? Get back to work!"

Everybody has scattered away while I, in utter 'desolation', walked out of Mei Se. Under the shadow of the flickering lights, one corner of my lip curled into a cunning smile.

Lilisha was standing with me along on the road that was 300-400 meters away from Mei Se, hailing a taxi. The stars on sky smiled and winked at me. Lilisha also sent me a wink. She was so naughty she didn't resemble a worldly lady of the night.

I and Lilisha hit it off well right from the beginning. We were drawn to each other like magnets. Even though we didn't share much time together, I still could see a pure corner in her heart, that was reserved solely for her, from those pair of bright eyes and mischievous expression.

Growing out of the mud unsullied, carting to this rotten world yet keeping the most precious things to herself.....that was my evaluation of Lilisha.

In my opinion, a smart young woman exposing her childish side once in a while was more persuasive than any words.

Lilisha saw through me.

After she bent to laugh for a while, she poked at my hot temple and joked, "You have guts, turning fever into leukemia. And what was that ink-grinding maidservant of King of Hell? It's too stretched ha ha ha. Woman, you're indeed marvelous. One cannot help but admire you."