Chapter 20. Step-Sister

Start from the beginning

I bit back a laugh at the mental picture. Daniel would really suit for the role of a strict and rude major commander.

"Okay, I get it. You both want some alone time to get cozy and do whatever couples do. Yup, I must be a third wheel. I should go freshen up while you guys do whatever you have to do. Do it quick okay," she quickly scurried away from us and practically ran towards her room giving a wink to the both of us over her shoulder.

By the time her words sinked into my head, I felt my cheeks heat up. Oh my, did she just imply....

"Come on, Ari. Let's go and do what couples do," Daniel whispered right next to my ears, his voice sending a shrill down my spine.

I almost choked on my spit when I heard his words. Despite the fast thumping of my heart, I turned my head to the side and sent Daniel a frosty glare.

He was staring at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes. I rolled my eyes before walking past him.

"Hey, wait! Let's do what couples do!" He shouted making me halt on my steps abruptly.

Just what the hell is wrong with him?

Complete and utter shock passed on the face of the maid who was cleaning a vase and she accidently dropped the vase in shock.

Talk about being embarrassed.

I gave the maid an apologetic look and stomped over to Daniel. Giving him a dont-you-dare-speak-anything look, I grabbed his hand and pulled him along with me to our room.

Shutting the door behind me with a thud once we were inside the room, I rested my back against the door and folded my arms across my chest as I glared at him vehemently.

"Can't you keep your mouth shut? What was that stunt you pulled there?" I breathed through my nose in anger.

I don't know what's up with his sudden change in demeanor. I mean, Daniel's never been so sarcastic and sly before. Not to forget such a conceited idiot to say something like that in front of other people.

"What? I was talking about getting to know each other. Isn't that what couples do? Get to know each other," He dared to act innocent when a few minutes ago, he was smirking with mischievousness in his eyes.

"We're not couples." I mumbled matter-of-factly with a blank face.

When I attempted to walk past him, he blocked my action by placing his hands on either sides of my head thus caging me in between.

"But we're married and that makes us couple, right?" Daniel arched an imaculate eyebrow emphasising his words.

"Couples as in, couples who like each other, care for each other. Couples who hold hands and kiss each other. Not like us. We are just sticking around with each other because of a mere truce." Well, the last sentence sort of hurts.

"The truce can go to hell. About couples. Every person cares for another. Atleast for the sake of humanity. As for liking each other," Daniel tucks a wayward strand of my hair behind my ear, "Do you like me, Ari?"

Huh?

His question took me off guard and all I could do was stare at his face that was inching closer to mine.

Do I like this greek god-like man?

I don't know. Maybe....

"By the way your blushing, I'll consider it a yes," he gave me a cheshire cat grin.

I'm blushing?!

Now that he said, I could feel the scorching heat rush through my face to my ears making me feel hot all over. The funniest thing was, I couldn't utter a single word while he continued speaking.