Chapter 21. Saving A Damsel In Distress

Start from the beginning

"Danny," Kiana finally let go of me but still held onto my arm clutching it tightly as she stood tall in front of me.

Kiana is taller compared to Ari. Ariana seems so small in front of Kiana. Like a fragile yet beautiful and feiry doll. Ariana's so cute when she's clumsy and carefree. She really is something.

I smiled at the thought of her.

"Danny, are you listening? What are you smiling at?" Kiana's hoarse voice buzzed in my ears getting me out of my thoughts.

"I asked you whether I could stay at your place and you weren't even paying attention," Her facial features represented that of sadness.

I gently took her hands off me before speaking, "You can't stay in the castle. But don't worry, I'll arrange a house for you to stay." I assured with a nod of my head.

Kiana seemed annoyed by my reply or maybe I'm just assuming it?

"You weren't like this before, Danny! You used to always care about me. How can you leave me alone in a house? I swear, I'll give up on my life if you don't take me along with you!" Kiana burst out in anger as she strode past me towards the cliff-end.

What's up with her? Why is she so hell bent on giving up her life?

I grabbed her hand and pulled her back, "Okay, fine! Come along with me."

Ariana's POV

"You know, there was one time when Stephen and Daniel got along and irritated Evan so much that he left the party!" Carla spoke enthusiastically from the sofa opposite me. Even little Cami who was currently sitting on my lap gazed at her with interest.

By the time, I freshened up and wore fresh set of clothes, Carla was already by the door knocking at it ready to chat with me. Carla is a little enthusiastic type of person but sweet. She is great company anyways.

Right now, Ariel and James were going through few paperworks at one end of the hall sitting on a sofa, flirting with each other at time intervals along with doing work. They're both so adorable.

While I, Carla and little Cami were on the other end of the hall listening to Carla blabber endlessly about all her childhood moments. Basically, Daniel and Ariel were the same old as now when Carla was still a child which makes me think that these two must be quite older and powerful compared to her.

Carla also said about how playful and flirty Daniel used to be before which is kind of surprising. Daniel and the vampire king, Evan, are like best of friends and then there's the girl named Claire who is Evan's cousin and also Daniel's another best friend who is amazing according to Carla. She also mentioned about Evan's brother Stephen whose tales were hilarious. She was excited for me to meet them and even mentioned about Evan's daughter's birthday party which is at two days from today.

"Okay, now enough of my rambling. Tell me about you and Daniel. Tell me, where did you guys meet for the first time?" Carla asked with curiosity and excitement lacing her voice.

"Wolvesbane packhouse-" My eyes widened as I quickly tried to analyse my mistake, "I mean, we met near Wolvesbane pack house." I smiled nervously hoping she would buy the lie.

Daniel had requested me not to let Carla know about our true relationship. I might as well oblige to his request.

Carla seemed to believe it as her eyes turned dreamy for a minute, "It's funny how everyone I know meets the love of their life there."

"Huh?"

"I meant about a friend," she said a little too fast for my suspicion.

I took a sip of the coffee from the cup in my hand before placing it back on the table. Gazing down at little Cami who was staring me, I asked, "You want some."