[ 20 ] Last

*

The headquarters reeks of booze and smoke while the air is loud and filled with deep laughter and clanking of bottles and coins. Goons in black are everywhere doing their respective jobs when Baekhyun enters. It turns silent when he walks with his bodyguards, before the men inside the room are paving the way for him until he reaches his chair. A hand gesture from Baekhyun signals everyone to raise their heads after bowing in respect.

"Was it pushed through?"

"Yes, Boss."

Baekhyun crosses his legs and leans on his armrest when the aluminum briefcase containing millions of cash is opened in front of him. He inspects the money and nods in satisfaction, telling his assistant to take his leave.

"Let's play one round, Boss. It's been a while."

"Sounds good."

He engages in a poker game with his underlings to kill time. He misses hanging out at the headquarters anyway. The cards feel familiar in his hands, so he lets out a little smirk seeing five reds within his grasp.

He is about to take his turn when his phone suddenly rings out of the blue. Several pairs of eyes are trained at him, waiting for him to maybe get his phone and answer his call.

He ignores it, though. It's just probably that stupid prick being annoying on a regular basis.

"Straight flush," he announces, in time when his assistant comes to approach him, instantly whispering to his ear.

Baekhyun's forehead crinkles.

"What should I do with him, Boss?"

"Tell him to leave."

"But he's insisting to see you."

"Tell him I'm not here."

"He saw your car outside."

"Just tell him to f*ck off."

"He said he's your uh... Your boyfriend."

Baekhyun immediatly stands up and groans, shoving the man away, "What does he need at this time!?" An annoyed expression paints his face at the sight of the tall landlord outside the headquarters grinning at him. Now he is all the more pissed off. "Hey! What do you want!?"

Chanyeol, without any warning, grabs Baekhyun's wrist and pulls him with him. "You're not answering your phone so I came to pick you up. Come on!"

"What the! Get your f*ck*ng hand off me!" Baekhyun struggles, pulling his arm away from Chanyeol's clutch and getting successful. "What brings you here? I'm working right now so don't bother me."

"Don't tell me your forgot?" Chanyeol says, making Baekhyun lift an eyebrow, "It's Jongin's graduation today! We agreed to attend his ceremony, right? Let's go now before it's not too late!"

Right. Baekhyun almost forgot about it.

"So, where's your car?" he asks, looking at the other male skeptically. "Don't tell me we're gonna walk?"

"I don't have a car but I have a scooter. We can ride it to Jongin's university," Chanyeol answers, handing the helmet to the short boss. "Here, you can wear this."