[ 1 ] Sorry

*

Few months ago

Sitting on the kitchen table, Kyungsoo is swaying his feet slowly back and forth, back and forth, watching a rushing Jongin with his round innocent eyes as he counts the times the other male has passed by in front of him. He beams.

"Seven!"

Stopping suddenly, Jongin trips to his black socks as he holds onto the wall for support. He is already late for his new part-time job, not to mention that this is his first day on the grocery store down the street of the neighboring district a bus away from his apartment. He chews on the toasted bread on his mouth, and hastily grabs his body bag while putting on his left sneakers.

"You already know how to use the microwave, don't you?" Jongin says without looking at his boyfriend. Five minutes, damn. He's really late. Why did he forget that he's on morning shift today? Groaning, he walks again in front of the sitting male on the table to get his red cap.

"Eight!" Kyungsoo exclaims, showing Jongin the ten of his fingers. If not for Jongin being late today, he would've already told Kyungsoo that that's not even an eight. He sighs.

"Listen, Kyungsoo," Jongin says, holding his boyfriend by the shoulder. "If you're hungry, just heat the food inside the microwave. If you're thirsty, the milk is in the ref, second drawer." He looks at the open door of the bathroom. "Oh, and if you need to poop, use the toilet paper and don't forget to flush the bowl. Don't mess with the bathroom floor, alright?"

Blushing, Kyungsoo slowly nods. "O-okay."

"Okay," Jongin replies, willing away the panic building up inside him, he's really nervous about leaving Kyungsoo alone in the apartment. If he had only enough money for the two of them, he wouldn't have to work and leave his boyfriend here by himself.

"You're going to be okay here, right?"

Tilting his head to the right, Kyungsoo chews on his lower lip.

"Why? Is Jongin going to a far away place?" Kyungsoo asks, a little pout making its way to his heart-shaped lips.

"No, no, I'm just-- I'm going to work. You see, we need money to buy food and pay the rent. So I have to work."

Kyungsoo's glassy eyes brightly shine. "Oh, oh, oh! Can Kyungsoo come with Jongin to work, too? Kyungsoo wants to help Jongin!"

"No, you can't. Just stay here." Jongin quickly looks at his wrist watch, and his eyeballs look like they would pop out anytime due to his shock, thus, missing the sadness reflecting in Kyungsoo's eyes.

"I-I really have to go!" Jongin yells, running towards the door with hurried feet. Eyes widening, Kyungsoo abruptly follows his boyfriend and latches his hand on the hem of Jongin's worker uniform, stopping Jongin to leave.

"Jongin, wait!"

"What now!?" Jongin yells, irritated.

"Where's Kyungsoo's goodbye kiss?" the boy demands, forehead wrinkling as he taps his right foot impatiently. He pulls Jongin's shirt tightly. "Kyungsoo won't let Jongin go without Kyungsoo's kiss!"

Jongin might've had ignored Kyungsoo and rushed to work to catch the 7:30 AM bus, but having Kyungsoo's angered eyes looking at him like he committed a huge crime makes Jongin hard to do that, especially if that jutting lower lip is urging him to lean in and claim it with his lips.

So Jongin does.

Taken by surprise by Jongin's mouth against his own, Kyungsoo releases a shaky gasp as his boyfriend kisses him searingly on the lips. Kyungsoo has to step backwards when Jongin deepens the kiss, as if Jongin were not very late on his first day on the job. The taller smirks, enjoying Kyungsoo's cute squeaks when he pinches Kyungsoo's chubby cheek.