Chapter Thirty

~Phoenix Damon~

I let her go. I let her go. I gulped and wiped under my eyes, I hadn't realized how many tears I had let fall. I watched her car drive past the gas station, almost immediately after a small beaten up silver malibu drove behind her. My eyes widened, Justin.

I have never jumped into my car and followed another car so quickly in my life, of course right as I got on the road a police car was driving next to me so I had to follow traffic laws, I hit my hands against the steering wheel frustrated, I had to get to her before anything bad happened.

~Ivory Saffron~

"Jax, can you find me on the find my friends app or whatever it is?" I sniffed as I drove. I wasn't paying attention to the car behind me because I thought nothing of it.

"Ivy? Yeah- Yeah of course, what's wrong?"

"You remember that party? With Alex?"

"Yeah..."

"The same thing has happened but in a different location..." I let out a deep breath as I took a left turn, "With Phoenix... I- I can't explain everything right now."

"Hey it's ok, just don't think too much about it alright? I'm tracking you down right now."

"Thanks Jax," I hung up before he could hear my third burst of tears in the 5 minutes I've been driving.

I parked the car and ran into the trees, reaching my destination and collapsing onto my knees. I covered my eyes with my hands and didn't even bother trying to hold it in. I sat in this position for what felt like forever until I had a heart attack once a twig snapped behind me.

I whirled around and fell onto my bottom as I faced the treeline. Justin stepped out and smiled, "Hello Love, that's what he called you right?"

That hurt.

"I followed you... we're dating now. Isn't that exciting? I've been waiting for this moment for 4 years," He came closer to me.

"Stop," My voice was wobbly.

He tilted his head, "Stop what?"

"Everything," I sniffed and wiped the tears from under my eyes, "You can't even give me a day of space."

He crouched down in front of me, "The second he let go of you, you became mine princess."

~Phoenix Damon~

I parked behind her car, the silver malibu was parked in front of hers. I made a run for the trees but got tackled sideways, whoever got me must be a football player. We rolled across the dying grass, "Stay away from her," The voice warned.

I looked up and frowned, "I'm trying to save her."

Turns out he is a football player, "You just broke her heart Phoenix, she called me balling her eyes out," Jax growled.

I waved my arms wildly, "Some crazy guy is in love with her and just followed her from the gas station!" I jumped up and shoved my phone into his hand, "You need to record whatever is about to happen," I ordered and ran back into the trees. If anything were to happen, we could have video proof on whatever it is.

I reached the cliff as I heard his voice, "The second he let go of you, you became mine princess."

~Ivory Saffron~

"You're actually crazy," I replied back as he smiled.

He leaned in closer, "I am far from crazy."

Phoenix stepped out from the trees, "Back away from her," It sounded as though he snarled, like a really really angry dog.

Justin turned around, "Why? She's not yours anymore."

I took the opportunity to shove him backwards, I stood up and tried to run to Phoenix but he caught my foot and pulled me down, I let a yelp of surprise come out as I felt a sharp pain in my wrist, "Ivory-" Phoenix started before Justin interrupted him.

"She's mine now Phoenix," He stated and pulled my closer to him by my ankle. I tried to crawl away from him by digging my fingers into the dry dirt. I was wondering why Phoenix wasn't helping, he's a football player and Justin is a scrawny kid.

I got my answer when Justin pulled my up by my shoulders and wrapped an arm around my neck, something cold was placed against my skin. A knife. This was way too messed up to feel real, "Ivory stay calm," Phoenix consoled.

"If you take another step closer neither of us get her," Justin stated, the cold metal got pushed slightly hard against my skin. I held my breath and closed my eyes.

I thought back to a little bit ago when my mom forced me to go to one of Liam's karate lessons, they were learning how to get out of someone's grip that day.

I gulped and opened my eyes, Phoenix was staring at me with fear filled eyes. I slammed my body back into Justin, his posture changed as he was taken off guard. I pushed my hands up between my chin and his arm and shoved his arm away from my face, the knife somehow stayed in his grip as I stood up and tried to get to Phoenix. I got one step in before he went back into rhythm, he wrapped his arm around my back leg and tried to get me to fall.

You never really pay attention to things until your facing them directly, like how close we were to the cliff edge. Or how your friend is watching the entire thing but doesn't know what to do. Oh or how the person you love would literally lunge for you if anything were to happen. As Justin grabbed my leg, I had no intention of anyone going over the cliff, but when has anything gone Ivy's way? I turned around from the force of him pulling me and fell forward, pushing him backwards and therefore down the cliff. The problem? He was still holding my leg. I've never heard a man scream so loudly or painfully before as I went over the edge. Justin had already let go and was further down then me as I looked up and saw Phoenix basically falling off the edge, his eyes were wide as his arms were reached out. He thought he would be able to catch me.

When they show someone falling in a movie they almost always have a part of it in slow motion, who knew it could be so accurate. As I fell down the steep drop before it turned into a hill of dirt everything felt so slow. My life actually flashed before my eyes in that small time of sheer dropping.

And then I hit the dirt hill. I hit it with so much force that I blacked out on impact. I never knew how comforting darkness could be.

——

we love a good cliffhanger. literally. -Rose

——

~Written 2-23-19~

© Copyright 2018 All Rights Reserved