WARNINGS - DO NOT SKIP

WARNING, PLEASE READ: Explicit and Implied Sexual Content, Graphic Violence, PTSD Flashbacks, Rape/SA (non-graphic besides Chapter 6, non-pairing; will have additional warnings below and on relevant chapters. NOT what is meant by the smut tags, those are consensual), Depression/Self Harm/Suicide Attempt (somewhat graphic account of the aftermath; again, further warnings below and on relevant chapters), Mention of Anti-Latinx Prejudice (brief, elaborated on below), Allusion to Police Brutality, Homophobia/F Slur (in two chapters, elaborated on below)

Any smut will be marked beginning with a plain ❥ and ending with a ❥‖. Any particularly triggering content will be similarly marked beginning with a plain ✹ and ending with a ✹‖. Therefore it should be relatively easy to skip over whatever sensitive content is warned about at the top of the chapter if you should so choose without missing anything significant in the story by stopping at the first mark and scrolling until you see the next to pick back up (the ending mark will always be at the beginning of a paragraph to make it easier to spot).

Also worth a mention that the main pairing is Jason/Dick, so pseudo incest warning to err on the side of safety, but in this universe Dick was still holding his grudge against B for longer than most (all, I think) timelines. So Dick and Jay only met a couple times before Jay died and they never ended up having any sort of brother relationship or even mentor/mentee, it was more of a 'that other kid my dad/mentor also mentored.' But obviously if that is still going to squick you/if you're still going to think of it that way, don't read.

I am also more than happy to elaborate further on any of these warnings/answer any questions if you comment/PM me.

*All of that being said, there is NO major character death, and there is a happy ending.*

Please stay safe, and I hope you enjoy!

– J

_______________________________________

FURTHER ELABORATION:

Skip if you don't want spoilers and are sure you won't be triggered by above mentioned content/do not require further information to be properly prepared

Graphic Violence: Mainly your classic comic book levels, but I felt like an extra warning was needed for Chapter 6 (and there will be another warning at the beginning of the chapter). After the man assaults him and reveals he wasn't Red Hood anyway, Dick flies off the rails (like when he beats the Joker to death when he thinks the Joker has killed Tim in The Last Laugh, yeah...that level. Perhaps worse). He beats the man to the brink of death with his escrima sticks, permanently maiming him, and most of what he's doing is described, so skip to the next break if you're not great with physical violence, but aren't skipping the chapter.

There are also a few references to this and some of the others in the Batfam being disturbed by it in Chapter 7 (though they do not blame Dick).

PTSD Flashbacks and Rape/SA: There are several instances, and there will be a Content Warning at the beginning of any relevant chapters.

In Chapter 2, there is a vague flashback (and will be a link in the chapter to the comic pages where it happens for those who don't remember what happened/didn't read it and wish to understand) to Tarantula raping Nightwing after she kills Blockbuster in Nightwing (Vol. 2) #93. The comic pages are fairly graphic. The flashback is non-explicit, but it does deal with some of his internal thoughts whilst it's happening.