Lonerforever

**** SMOKING IS NOT COOL****

 ***DON'T DO IT*** 

.    .    .

 "Hey, Mom," I say. 

"Hey sweetie, how was your project." 

Oh right, I texted her saying I was at my friend's place. 

"Great." I lie. 

These days it's easier to lie. I'm such a good girl... Funny enough, that's the name for my newest read, "Such a Good Girl" by Amanda. K Morgan. The end baffled me, it was a plot twist. 

That's when I heard the familiar words, while I'm in my book land. 

"What's this? The food's disgusting." Dad remarks. 

"Just go to your girlfriend's house, I'm sure she'll be ecstatic about feeding you her crap." Mom shoots. 

This is just the beginning of their never-ending daily bickering. 

"Can you guys shut up for once, I'm studying for my exams!" Ru shouts from his room."

 Mom yells, "Ru, you know about our household. Live with it or go to the library." 

Oh god. 

She says it likes it's the most normal thing in the world. It sounds like she's lecturing us about eating our food with our mouths closed, not that I'd listen to her anyway, but when did screaming become a normalized house rule? 

When I scream, I'm a wild bitch apparently.

 I hear the knob to my room open, "Jyia, it's time for dinner-" but Mom stops short. 

"What the hell happened to your hair?" she shouts. 

I was actually hoping she wouldn't notice, at the front door I was wearing a hat, but now...

One word. 

Fuck

"Did you cut it yourself?" she asks. 

"OH NO! That's why I saw pieces of hair everywhere!!!" she's so loud I'm sure the whole neighborhood can hear her. 

"Get up, GET UP!" she demands.

"Go broom all your hair. If I see even a single strand you're dead." I get up reluctantly.

With attitude, I stride past her when-

 "You look so ugly," she says.

 Low blow. 

Heh. 

I walk past her and say, "Too bad I like the way I look,"

 Of course, now it's his turn to play. 

"Why did you cut your hair. We could've taken you to a barber. TELL ME WHY THE FUCK YOU CUT YOUR OWN HAIR! WHY DIDN'T YOU GET HER A HAIRCUT IF SHE WANTED ONE!" Dad bellows. 

I flinch at his words.

Great, now he'll chastise mom, then mom will yell at me because Dad screamed at her. 

 But, oh god. It's not even a big deal. 

I want to explain why I did it, but they'll never get it. They'll never understand me. Now they think I'm some delinquent, haywire teenager.

Teenage angst, or a small act to reverse society's beauty standards and to prove that your appearances don't matter???

They'll probably go with the latter.