T H I R T Y - E I G H T

Start from the beginning

"that's twenty dollars! how'd you score that much?" may says, shocked. "mommy has lots of money." i say and shrug.

"alright, let's go!" june shouts as we all run out of the gate and to the tiki bar.

~

luckily, we didn't get caught by our parents. although, bella was a little suspicious.

"what do they have?" i ask may. "um, let me look at the menu." may says as she gets up from the picnic table. may reads the menu then walks back over to us.

"they have hotdogs, hamburgers, and nachos. they also have slushies and juices." may says.

"how much is the food?" austin asks. "hotdogs are one dollar, hamburgers are two, and nachos are three." may responds.

"let's all get hotdogs!" i suggest. "okay, i'll order it." may says as i hand her the money.

~

the lady at the tiki bar comes over to our picnic table and places a tray down. "i threw in some free cookies." the lady says and smiles at us. "thank you!" we all say.

"i also ordered us all apple juices, they were one dollar." may says as she grabs her juice. "let's eat!" elliot shouts.

"mmm, these are delicious!" june says as she takes a bite of the hotdog. "tell me about it!" nelson responds.

"best idea ever!" may shouts. "yeah!" we all respond.

"do you guys live in california?" june asks. "yes." we all respond. "yay! we can do this again one day." june responds.

"i leave tomorrow sadly." i say and frown. "aww." everyone says. "so do we." austin and nelson adds.

"okay this is irrelevant, but these cookies are delicious!" august says. "yeah they are!" elliot says.

~
meanwhile...

"hey, i'm gonna go check on paisley." billie says as she gets up from her chair. "okay." finneas says.

billie walks over to the kiddy pool but freezes when she sees no kids.

"what the..." billie trails off. "there were like six other kids in here, too." billie say out loud.

she walks over to the chairs. "finneas, paisley is missing." billie says. "what?" finneas asks, shocked. "who had kids in the kiddy pool?" i shout.

a couple of people raise their hands. "okay, don't freak out, but they are all gone." billie says.

"WHAT?"

"wait guys, i think i might know where they are." bella says, walking up to billie. "follow me!" bella shouts.

~

"can i have your cookie?"

"what, no."

"but i already ate mine."

"not my problem."

"will you two stop arguing?" elliot says, looking at austin and nelson. "what, its what we do." nelson shrugs.

"question, how will we sneak back in without getting noticed?" august asks.

"yeah, how are you guys gonna do that?" a new voice asks.

we all turn to the left. uh oh, it's our parents and they do not look happy.

"hi mommy..." i trail off. "who's idea was this?" billie asks. we all turn and look at may. "oh come on!" may groans.

"may, seriously?" her mom asked.

"how'd you even get the money for all this food?" her mom asks. "i didn't get the money!" may exclaims. "then who did?" she asks.

everyone looks at me. "i shared my cookie with you!" i say and point to june. she shrugs.

"where did you even get the money-" billie pauses. "paisley." she says sternly. "yes?" i respond. "did you take money from my jacket?" billie asks. "no, i borrowed it." i say and look at her.

i pull out the remaining six dollars. "see, i have your change." i say as i hand it to her. "paisley, that's not borrowing it if i don't get back how much you got." billie says.

"be grateful, i could've bought more cookies!" i say and pout. "you talking back?" billie asks. "no." i say quickly.

"how much did you take?" billie asks. "twenty." i mumble. "hm?" billie says. "twenty." i say louder and sigh.

"what am i gonna do with you." billie says to herself as she picks me and elliot up. "say bye to your friends." billie says.

"bye!" i say and wave. "hey, do you think i can get all of your numbers, the kids might want a play date soon." austin and nelson's mom asks.

the other moms give their numbers to austin and nelson's mom.

"you know you're in trouble right?" billie asks, walking away.

"yeah." i say sadly.

•••
word count: 1275