T E N

paisley

i wake up from my sleep and almost immediately i start feeling terrible. my nose is stuffy, my head hurts, and my body feels weak. i start to cry.

billie must have heard me because she comes running in the room. "baby, what's wrong?" she says worriedly as she walks up the small ladder.

"i don't feel good." i sniff. she puts her hand on my head. "you're burning up!" she says as she takes the covers off of me. she picks me up out the bed and walks back down the ladder.

she takes me to her room and puts me in her bed. "mom, do you have any medicine? i think paisley has a fever!" billie yells from her room. "yes, i'll be right up!" her mom yells back.

her mom walks into the room with a spoon and some liquid medicine. she gives the bottle of medicine and spoon to billie and walks out.

billie opens the bottle of medicine and pours a little into the spoon. she closes the cap of the bottle and sets it aside.

"open wide!" billie says as she tries to feed me the medicine. "no." i say and fold my arms. she tries to give me the medicine again, but i turn my head.

"paisley, if you eat the medicine, i will let you watch peppa pig." billie says. i give in and let her feed the medicine to me. it's disgusting.

"now, was that so bad?" billie says as she turns the tv to peppa pig. "yes." i say and pout. "aww, you're so cute." billie says as she squeezes my cheek.

she gets in the bed with me and i scoot closer to her. "i love you, mommy." i say as i face her. "i love you too, baby." billie responds as she kisses my head.

"mommy, can i get a phone?" i ask sweetly. "hmm, i'll think about." billie says as she smiles. "yay!" i say as i smile.

"girls, i made soup!" grandma says as she walks into our room with two bowls of soup. chicken noodle soup, my favorite!

"thank you!" we both say as grandma smiles and walks out. i start eating my soup all on my own. "slow down there, paisley." billie says as she laughs.

"i can't help it, i'm hungry!" i say as i eat another spoonful. billie is taking her time eating her soup, unlike me, who's almost about to eat the bowl.

"this is yummy!" i say as wipe my mouth. "i know right?" billie says as she eats a spoonful.

we finish our bowls and put them aside. billie feels my head. "still a little warm." she says to herself.

a couple hours past and me and billie have not moved an inch, except to use the bathroom.

i would tell billie to bring finneas in the room, but finneas is out of town for the week because he's spending a week with his friends.

it's already getting late, and i'm extremely tired. "mommy, can i sleep in here tonight?" i ask. "of course!" billie responds.

i bundle up in the covers. as i slowly fall asleep, billie softly sings to me. i eventually fall asleep.

"goodnight, paisley."

~
word count: 543