TEASE

- ( O N E ) -

Izzy's POV

The sky was baby blue and the clouds took there place here and there. It was warm today in California. But no surprise there. Definitely will have to get used to it again after staying four months in Alaska. My grandparents live up there. And it was so fun! I miss them... but I'll probably end up going back this summer anyways. My dad held the front door open for me to pass through. The smell of cookies hit me right away. "Mmm, are those sugar cookies?" I asked him, knowing very well what the answer to that was.

"Sugar cookies with sprinkles. Just how you like em'." He smiled, closing the door behind us. "Go put your things away and change in to something more comfortable. They'll be ready by then."

Listening to my dad, I walked down the hallway to my bedroom. We lived in a one story home with beige walls covered with family photos. My brother Dylan is in the room right besides mine and he had a tendency to scream at his TV screen while playing on his Xbox in the middle of the night. I have an Xbox too but all I play is Minecraft where I build big houses and make supermarkets for the neighbors. Before I left to Alaska in June, I bought the super cute texture! It's adorable.

Before I could even throw my suitcase on to my bed, I was suddenly startled by the loud war cry coming from outside my door. "Baby sis!" Dylan exclaimed, charging towards me at full speed.

"No! Don't!" I screamed, only to be ignored and toppled over on to the ground with Dylan's body right on top of me. "Ugh, I think I broke my rib."

"I missed you. How was it over there?" He asked me, still laying on top of me with his full weight.

"It was fun. Very cold though. Oh, grandpa adopted a new dog by the way. Her name is Shelby." I said casually. Like my 180 pound of pure muscle brother wasn't laying on me like dead weight.

"Really? Isn't he allergic though?" Dylan asked, pushing himself up and off of me. Taking the chance to get away from him, I quickly stood to my feet.

"Yup." Walking around Dylan, who still was on the floor, I pulled my dropped suitcase on to my mattress.

"So, wanna come with me to a small party later?" He asked me, dropping himself on to my bed. Pushing his feet off my clean and fluffy pink blanket I walked over to my closet and started putting things away.

"Small? Or are you just saying small to get me to go?" Dylan loved dragging me to parties. Mostly because he always needed a designated driver. Or because he just loved to see me get tipsy. Drunk Izzy is a whole other story. I'm like the total opposite of myself. Instead of happy, I'm angry or sad. Either crying or screaming. Sometimes both. Unless I'm only a bit buzzed then I'm okay.

"This time it actually is small. Just like twelve people are going. It's at Andrew's house. He knew you were coming home today and offered to have get together for you." He explained, resting his head on his arms.

"Aww, that's sweet." I smiled, folding up a very over used unicorn pajama set.

"He's just trying to get in bed with you, Izzy." Dylan scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up. No he's not. Andrew is just being nice." I huffed, shaking my head at the idea. Andrew has known me since I was a little sixth grader and he was a seventh grader.

"Whatever. You are so dumb sometimes. What goes through that empty head of yours?" Dylan teased, walking over to me to knock on my head.

"Oww." I pouted, slapping his fist away.

"We leave at seven." He said, closing my door behind himself. Sighing, I finished up putting everything away before changing in to some sweats and a T-shirt. I wanted to enjoy my cookies comfortably. Plus, it was only three in the afternoon. I passed time by with many glasses of milk and many many cookies. Dad always watched a movie with me. And since I wasn't risking any awkward kissing scenes, I chose to play Reck It Ralph. The first one. Because the second one is just too much for my brain to handle today.