My mouth hangs open staring at her, she's so beautiful.

Slowly she leans back down, using a finger she closes my mouth before pressing one kiss to my lips. She has a smirk that could rival my own. She starts at my eyelids, kissing each before moving to my cheekbones. She follows the pattern down my jaw and around to the other side. Just when I'm about to flip us back over so I can kiss her again she moves down to the side of my neck, halting my train of thought.

I run my hands through her hair and down her sides. Suddenly the door handle begins to jiggle, in a panic I twist so we're both on our sides and throw the covers over us.

Ronnie doesn't come in, instead she calls through the door, "Ashy, it's time to get ready!" I hear her feet travel back down the hallway, relaxing as she disappears into her room.

That was close.

Scarlett buries herself in my chest laughing. The feeling of her heartbeat rattling through her body matches mine beat for beat.

"I think I'm going to shower." She whispers, clearly embarrassed.

I place a brief kiss on her forehead, "Good idea."

She hurries from my bed into the bathroom, grabbing the stack of clothes on her way. I roll onto my back and stare at the ceiling. What the hell am I going to do now?

*****

I need some space to calm down, wandering into my parents' bathroom I try to collect my thoughts.

I'm in dangerous waters.

My mind replays the events that just happened, trying to imagine what would've happened if we weren't interrupted. I'm no fool. I have plenty of solid guesses to where we would've ended up and none of them involve us getting to school on time.

Or at all.

But that one, small sliver of rational Ashton is scolding me. That's not what we need.

Yes, it is. Actually, that's all I need. 

But not like that. We have no label and that just leads to problems.

Glancing in the mirror, I groan. So much for keeping my cool, the beginning of a hickey stuck on my skin. That's hot.

Whatever, Ashton, just shove it from your mind.

But the possibilities. Not to mention remembering how I got them.

Nope.

Once I'm finally able to snap myself back to reality, I return to my room to find it empty with the bed made. I snort, not at all surprised.

Wandering downstairs, I hear voices from Ronnie's room. Scarlett's braiding Ronnie's hair back, giggling with her about something. Taking them in, I'm amused to find them both in green shirts and jean skirts.

Twins.

Ronnie definitely idolizes her.

Before I can snap a picture, Scarlett laughs, meeting my gaze. I mess with the zipper of my fleece pullover. Something needed to cover up my neck.

Okay, my current situation is not funny and it's all her fault. Watching her so carefree and happy, I can't help but smile.

It's returned by the middle finger.

During the drive to school, I begin to lose confidence in my current outfit. It's hot, and I mean scorching hot. I won't survive.

Parking, I decide to chicken out.

"On the count of three, tell me how noticeable it is." I demand before ripping the jacket over my head. "Holy shit, that was hot!