C.3

Lauren Nicole London

I laid in bed, feeling overly stressed

I laid in bed, feeling overly stressed. I didn't know what else to do, but I was so tired doing this. Working countless hours, simply just trying to stay afloat— and it was all so draining. Some days you just needed a relief, a relief from everything that was going on. I just needed a break, a serious one. My headaches were becoming constant as the days went on and I was growing so tired of my repetitive routine.

I called off of work for the day, from both jobs. Cameron was with my mother, she offered to keep him after I'd finally confessed to her how I'd been feeling.

As a mother, she fully understood me. Sometimes you want so much for your kids, you'd sacrifice anything to get it. For me, it was definitely my sanity. Financially, I didn't really get much help from anyone so working was a must. I would just tell any young girl who thinks she's in love to reevaluate the true  meaning of love. These niggas will switch up on you, and go on with life like you never even existed.

I had dreams once, I was more than what I am now. I wanted to act, model, design, style, and so much more. Once Cameron came along, a lot of those dreams faded.

I couldn't act anymore, reality was a motherfucker. I couldn't model anymore, the baby weight changed my figure. I couldn't design anymore, my mind lacked creativity. I couldn't style anymore, I didn't have time to even keep up with all of these new fashion trends.

My rapid thoughts were put to a rest once my cell phone began to ring. I sighed, sitting up too look at the vibrating phone that sat on my night stand. I saw Raina's name flashing across the screen, accompanied by our picture.

 I saw Raina's name flashing across the screen, accompanied by our picture

"Hello."

"Bitch where are you?"

"Home Raina, I'm at home."

"You didn't work today? Don't tell me Jimmy is cutting hours again, see that's why I quit on his bitch ass."

I shook my head as if she could see me, "No. I called off, I just wasn't feeling it today. My head has been hurting, and I'm so tired of working. I really need to figure out something, and that something has to be fast."

"We're in Los Angeles, there isn't much to do without connects. You can go shake some ass on a pole, but you're too shy for that. You're also stingy with the pussy, so I can't even get you a sugar daddy. Unless you know a way to get put on, the legal way to survive is a nine to five."

I sighed, "I'm quite aware of that Raina, thanks a lot."

Raina and I have been friends since high school, and we were literally total opposites. She said everything I didn't say, she was the wild version of me.

"Well you're welcome. I actually do have an option for you, but I know your stuck up ass will be reluctant."

I sighed, "If its one of your bullshit plans that involves an old man, then yeah—that's definitely a no."

She laughed, "Actually bitch, I've stopped blackmailing old married men months ago. I'm onto something new with an old friend of mine.  I can't talk about it over the phone, but if you're in the mood— I can grab some wine and talk to you about everything."

"I brought snacks too, you can't just bring a bitch some wine and not bring her any snacks."

I shook my head, "Thanks a lot, I really needed this." I grabbed us two wine glasses from the cabinet and placed them on the counter.

"So this plan-proposal, whatever the fuck you have going on. What is it about?"

I watched as she popped the cork on the wine, filling up both of our glasses. "Okay, so I have a good friend named Keenon."

"How good? I've never heard of him." She smacked her lips, "To save myself from your judgmental ways and long ass speeches, there's certain shit I keep to myself. But you're going through a phase, and you need a quick way out—so let me finish."

I rolled my eyes, "Go ahead,"

"Anyways, before I was rudely interrupted. Keenon does work, he's his own boss. He's moving his business into the Hollywood area, and he needs pretty girls to help him."

"What kind of business? You're making the shit sound like prostitution."

"No, it's actually drugs since you want to be a smart ass. He's got ahold of a new plug, so he's moving coke. These Hollywood bitches love coke, those fucking sniffers love that shit. Not only is Keenon paying good money for us to move it for him, but then you'll have access to some of his top clients. Maybe you can actually get that stylist career you've always wanted."

I shook my head, "Oh hell no, I have a son to think about. I don't need to be out here becoming no Griselda Blanco for no-fucking-body. Raina where the hell do you be finding these people?"

She sighed, "Look, Keenon is a good friend and it's not as bad as it seems. He helps me out, and I help him out. I get my product for the night, stuff it into my expensive bag, and head to Hollywood walking in the latest pair of pumps. They don't know shit about me, and they don't really care. As long as they get their drugs, and I get my money—I can live in my own little fantasy.

"No, I'm not doing it."

"Can you atleast think about it? It doesn't have to be a permanent thing, Keenon is understanding."

"No Raina, and you need to stop before you get too deep into that shit. If you're constantly hanging around coke heads, how long do you think you have before you're tempted to try the shit?"

She smacked her lips, "Bitch I would never put that shit to my nostrils, let alone snort it. I'm about my money and I'm trying to get ahead. You want a way out and I'm offering you one, take it or leave it."

"I'll leave it," I said before downing my glass of wine. I'll leave it exactly where the fuck it's at.

Vote and Comment.
Long Live Nipsey Hussle 🕊💙