Destination unknown

Lena moved her head gently, something small had hit her head and woke her, a grainy substance was overwhelming her tastbuds,

"purppppp ehhhh" spat out Lena, her mouth was full of sand. She squinted her eyes trying not to be completely blinded by the brilliant sun. She was lying soaked on the beach.

Again something small hit her head, she looked around her and saw nothing but a jungle of trees. She looked at what hit her, they were 2 small red pieces of what appeared to be fruit. She scrunched up her face trying to work out what they were, she had travelled the world and tasted many fruits, but didn't recognise this one. She must be on a truly distant shore.

Dehydrated she decided to take a chance and eat the fruit, as she bit into the first one her mouth flooded with a strong sweet taste. Quickly she devoured the second piece wanting more, she dragged herself up, her wet clothes clinging to her body and her hair now loose in wet long waves.

Another piece of fruit rolled in front of her, instead of picking it up Lena walked up the tree beside it, she looked up and saw that it was covered in the fruit, more than enough to satisfy her. She noticed that beside a large batch was a hand, a human hand.

Suddenly Lena felt a wave of terror, she tried to keep her expression neutral and act like she didn't spot this person. Instead she slowly turned around and began walking away with quick steps. She heard the ground clatter behind her, she felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand and her stomach drop. She was being followed.

She ran, with virtually no energy and what soon occurred to her a injured leg she sprinted. She couldn't look back, scared of what she might find. The footsteps behind her were getting louder, they were running too.

Lena could feel her heart pounding into her head, she was struggling to catch her breathe.
Her feet pounded into the dirt as she descended deeper into the jungle, all around her were trees and vines crowding her way.

The sounds of animals were all around her and helped mask the person who was following her, she spun around trying to remember which was she came from. She walked backwards into a large tree, her back pressing firming against it.

Tired and in pain, she knew she couldn't go on. Instead she grabbed the branch beside her feet and held it up in front of her as a weapon waiting for the stranger.

In the distance she heard a twig snap and then another, her heart rate sped up and her grip on the branch tightened. Between two trees a shadow revealed itself and began cascading towards her. Suddenly it charged towards her.

"Aaahhhhh" screamed Lena, her stomach felt tight as something pulled her arm up into the air, dropping her branch below her. Her body was up in the tree with her legs dangling, her back was pressed to something warm. She turned to look around and caught the sight of a beautiful blonde hair woman who was holding her fixed to the tree.

She was dressed in a light brown sleeveless short dress which looked like it was made from animal skin. She raised her finger to her lips to signal to Lena, Lena nodded and followed the blonde's gaze towards the shadow.

Before them stood a large black cat, slowing making its way towards them. His tail was raised up as it circled the area, the blonde then grabbed a piece of fruit from their tree and threw it far into the distance. The cat ran with great speed towards the sound.

Lena signed deeply in relief, the blonde jumped down from the tree and raised her arms up towards Lena. The Luthor contemplated what to do, before her was a stranger after all but she also saved her life. With that thought Lena climbed down into the blonde's arms, who was much stronger then she looked.

Lena stared into her blue eyes as her feet finally touched the ground.

"Thank you" said Lena.
"Your welcome" said the blonde.

Lena's jaw dropped and her arms fell from the blonde's shoulders.

"You can understand me?"

The blonde raised a smile and nodded.

Lena, felt a surge of relief,

"Where am I?" Said Lena, her eyes wide with hope.

The blonde's smile faded, her brows knitted together,

"I can't tell you that"

"What, why?" Said Lena in confusion.

"We don't share our world with outsiders" replied the blonde gravely.

Lena stared at the blonde not expecting such as response, her face softened as she focused on the word 'others',

"My ship sank, but there were others, did anyone else make it?" said Lena softly.

The blonde looked into Lena's big green watery eyes, her own face mirrored her sadness,

"They didn't make it, I was only able to save you"

Lena stood dumbfound, she was the sole survivor on her ship, on an unknown island with a stranger. Panicking was not something she was known for, but as her stomach dropped and her breathing became heavier she found she could longer elude it.

"Aaaahhhhhhh"