Chapter Five

U N E D I T E D 

I began the onslaught of chaos with tipping over a glass vase.

 It wasn't that noticeable, other than the few weary faces in the kitchen that witnessed it, but it was definitely a good start to the night. 

I wasn't a completely cruel person so I was kind enough to push the shattered fragments to the side with my foot out of the way of any party-goers who are stupid enough to take their shoes off.

If I was to gain back the fearful stares of the classmates and stop more ice blue-eyed jocks from even glancing in my general direction I would need to make more chaos. A whole lot of destruction, fear and mayhem. And boy, was I excited.

The pulsating thrill of possibility was exhilarating. A thrill I was not unfamiliar with, but only hit me occasionally. I couldn't remember the last time there were so many endless opportunities. It wasn't as though I was short of supplies, either. This house was full to the brim with all the small trinkets I could steal, break and hide. 

Throwing a sultry smirk at the watching party guests, many of which I realised I didn't actually know personally, I flipped my hair past my shoulder and stalked from the kitchen. Where to go next? I could always rip up the cushions, but that wasn't big enough. If I was to completely revive my decaying image to these losers I would need to be bigger, better and scarier.

The music was heavy and rattled through my ribcage with every pump of bass, beating my heart for me. In all honesty, some part of me actually thought Ratty Matty would live in a massive rat cage with his rodent children surrounding him. Safe to say I was surprised. 

It was nearing midnight, and we had only been at Ratty's for the past half an hour or so. Nevertheless, Spencer was already completely drunk, I swear I can't count on that boy to tie his own shoelaces. 

"Speak of the devil." I murmured under my breath, just as Spencer rammed around the corner, wild and beserk, screaming "You can't take me alive!" 

I noticed his sneakers hanging loosely around his neck, tied up together by their laces. He slipped around the floor with his socks only on his feet. 

I was too bitterly sober to enjoy it. 

As I thought of more ways to destroy Ratty Matty's little hamster cage of a home, Henry came rushing past me, too. "Spencer I swear! Give me my shoes!"

Tiny remnants of a smile crept its way onto my face, seeing Henry's tiny pink socks. He skimmed past me, a look of clear annoyance on his features, almost slipping over as he turned the corner. I would have joined them, if not for the evil mastermind planning I had to do. Perhaps I was over-exaggerating a bit, but I was going to relish in the moment of misery Ratty would get. 

With my heart pounding in my ears, I stalked across Ratty's home and took to the stairs, I figured if there was anything to find of major embarrassment to poor lil' Matty, I would find it in his bedroom.

Curiosity, in this case, would kill his growing reputation and I just couldn't stop myself. Peaking through a few closed doors and seeing too many naked bodies, I finally ended up at the last door. Locked. 

I had to give him some credit, at least. Taking the smart route and locking it, tough for him though I always kept my handy-dandy hair grip with me. 

There were two things a girl like me needed to know if she was going to survive: first, is knowing how to throw a great right hook, second is knowing how to pick a lock with only one hair grip. Fortunately and somewhat unfortunately, I had to learn both of those the hard ways.