"What if we're not the only ones who think she knows something?"

Stiles glimpsed over at our counsellor's desk, before walking over to it, "Then I want to know what she knows."
He pulled open the desk door and began to rummage through her files.

Heather's friend leaned forward in her chair, "What are you doing?"

"Trying to find her."

"Those files are private."

Nodding, I dropped a hand onto his shoulder, "There's a line, Stiles."

"And she's kinda right about those being private," Lydia pointed out.

Stiles dropped two files onto the desk, one after the other, "Here are your files."

Lydia and I quickly snatched up our personal files, forgetting all about what we had just. I opened mine quickly and began to read.

Riley Winters

- Was at the Sheriff's station with Matt Daehler
- Witnessed her mother's death
- Minor PTSD as a result
- Sarcasm as a defence mechanism
- Trust issues
- Won't talk to me
- Has missed at least half of our sessions

And that was just the highlights considering the file contained many more pages. I didn't have time to read them all, unfortunately, as Lydia and Stiles began leafing through hers.

"Wait, Lydia, that's your drawing," Stiles pointed out as Lydia turned a page. And indeed, it was the drawing I had seen over and over.

Lydia looked confused, "Yeah, I know. It's a tree."

Stiles went over to Lydia's side of Morell's desk, leaving me on the other. I closed the file drawer, looking at the drawing.

"Yeah, it's good too," Heather's friend complimented.

"Thank you."

"No, but that's the same one, though," Stiles said quickly.

Resting my hands on the edge of the table, I looked at the drawing. "What do you mean?"

"It's the same one I always see Lydia drawing in class. Haven't you noticed?"

"I mean, yeah I noticed, but it's a tree," I shrugged.

Lydia nodded, confused, "It's a tree. I like drawing trees."

Realising that we weren't catching on to what he meant, Stiles grabbed the piece of paper and also pulled Lydia's book out of her bag. "No, but it's the exact same one. Don't you guys see?"

He flipped to the first page of Lydia's notebook, sitting it beside the one in Morell's file.
"There, see?"

Analysing the drawings better, I began to see what Stiles was saying. Each branch and limb were in the same spot, the same length, pointing in the same direction.
"Holy shit," I muttered. "A coincidence maybe?"

Stiles shook his head, turning page after page, revealing tree after tree, each the same as the last.

Heather's friend stepped back and picked up her backpack, "Okay, you can have my session. You got bigger issues."
She was out the door moments later, leaving us three staring at the pages.

Lydia was beginning to freak out, her eyes wide and her breath shaking, "What is this?"

Staring at the drawing from my vantage point, I took into consideration that maybe I wasn't the one looking at this drawing upside down.
"I don't know," I said as I picked up a drawing and turned it around for the other two. "But, what if it's not a tree?"