Ch 35

We followed their trail and snotlout picked up my brother as we circled. "See Eira How well I can protect and provide my love?" He said making me laugh as we dodged nets. "Snotlout put me down!" Hiccup called up before kicking free and landing in the boat. "What are you guys doing here?" Hiccup asked. "Rescuing you!" Gobber said as he and dad landed. I backed away as dad and hiccup argued. "Years ago, there was a great gathering of chieftains to discuss the dragon scourge we faced. Into our mist came a stranger from a strange land, covered in a cloak made of dragon skin. He carried no weapon and spoke softly, saying that he, Drago Bludvist, was a man of the people, devoted to freeing mankind from the tyranny of dragons. He claimed that he alone could control the dragons and that he alone could keep us safe, if we chose to bow down and follow him...I was the only one to escape." Dad said and I looked sad. "I can still change his mind. I could change yours I can change his." Hiccup said as he took off. "Hiccup!" I shouted kissing snotlout before following him before dad or the others could say anything.

We flew silently before he started yelling. "He May have had a point hiccup." I said before a stranger pulled up along side us. Shadowfang snarled at the others as we stopped. Then another dragon grabbed Hiccup then me. "Shadowfang help toothless!" I shouted as we were carried off my dragon diving into the water. Hiccup and I looked at each other as he shouted at the stranger. I was in awe at the icy fortress we were dropped off. "Hey we have to head back for my dragon!" Hiccup shouted. The other dragons snarled and roared so hiccup calmed them With his sword. Then we saw the stranger slip closer. "Who are you?" I asked. "Toothless!" Hiccup said and I spotted shadowfang. "Shadow!" I said hugging his head as he tucked me closer. Then the stranger got closer to Hiccup before speaking. "Hiccup. Could it be? And Eira?" She said removing her mask. "Do I know you?" Hiccup asked as I gasped it couldn't be. "No. You were only a babe but a mother never forgets." She said before gesturing us after her. We followed as gasped at the beautiful sanctuary we were in. "We have questions!" I called as we chased her. "Everyone thinks you were eaten." Hiccup said also looking around. "This is what you have been doing for twenty years. Rescuing them?" Hiccup asked as a dragon nudged me. Mom was looking over our dragons and gushed over toothless. "Did Drago and his trappers do this too?" She asked looking at toothless. "No I actually shot him down but he made it even. Peg leg." Hiccup said making me chuckle. "Then, one night, a dragon broke into our house, finding you in the cradle. I rushed to protect you clutching Eira in her sling, but what I saw was proof of everything I believed. This wasn't a vicious beast, but an intelligent, gentle creature, whose soul reflected my own. You hiccup and your father almost died. After a few days with Eira I had to leave her somewhere safe. It hurt to leave you my beautiful girl but you were sick." Mom said. She then lead us to eat and flying was amazing but she definitely had a deeper bond to Hiccup than myself while I had the bond with dad. We flew back and hiccup and I were sitting on a rock watching our dragons play with the babies when we were grabbed. We spun around and saw dad and gobber. "Dad wait there is something you need to know!" Hiccup said as we followed. "Dad you should listen to him!" I said before we slipped through a rock and dad saw mom. "I know what your gonna say stoic." She said rambling as dad walked toward her silently. "You are as beautiful as the day I lost you." Dad whispered before kissing her. We set about making dinner and there was some tension as hiccup started going on about berk. I didn't have that like they did. I missed snotlout. "And our daughter is already married to your friends son. Thick as Thieves those two." Gobber chimes in as I ducked my head. "Really. Oh my daughter is all grown up without me." Mom said sadly. Then dad started whistling. It was a tune I remembered so I hummed along.
Stoick:
I'll swim and sail on savage seas
With ne'er a fear of drowning
And gladly ride the waves of life
If you will marry me

No scorching sun nor freezing cold will...
Will stop me on my journey
If you will promise me your heart
And love me for eternity

Valka:
My dearest one, my darling dear
Your mighty words astound me
But I've no need of mighty deeds
When I feel your arms around me

Stoick:
But I would bring you rings of gold
I'd even sing you poetry
And I would keep you from all harm
If you would stay beside me

Valka:
I have no use for rings of gold
I care not for your poetry
I only want your hand to hold
I only want you near me

BOTH:
To love to kiss to sweetly hold
For the dancing and the dreaming
Through all life's sorrows and delights
I'll keep your love inside me

I'll swim and sail on savage seas
With ne'er a fear of drowning
And gladly ride the waves of life
If you will marry me