Ch 11

After a few moments of silence and watching the water Snotlout shifted a bit making me look over at him. His brown hair waving slightly in the breeze and his blue eyes focused on the water. "You know something Eira?  I'm always trying to prove something to everyone. That I can be a leader. But with you somehow I don't feel like I have to prove anything. It's strange." He said suddenly looking over to me. His eyes were the same shade as the water here bright and deep blue. I felt my face flush before I turned my head back. "Thank you. It is strange I guess. We have known each other for such a short amount of time and yet you have always been there for me. I have lived a sheltered life being the so called jewel of bleln. But out here with you I feel so free." I said softly with a smile. I felt one of my hands being grabbed in one of his. It was warm and rough from years of hard work. The sun started to fade as our dragons flew back. "Come on lets head back before Stoic worries." I said softly. "Right." He said pulling his hand back before helping me up. As we flew back on our dragons I felt content and happy and oddly warm. I glanced over at Snotlout who looked over to me and smiled before I ducked away blushing.

When we had arrived there was a group of people surrounding hiccup and Astrid. "Great just great. I guess you get to meet everyone else on the team now. Are you up for that?" Snotlout said unhappily. "I guess. I am very tired though." I said. "We could sneak around and take you back to either gothie or the chiefs hut... too late fishlegs spotted us." Snotlout said glaring at the very chubby one of the group. We landed close to the group. "Wow a real venom striker! Look at the coloration! The two tones are rare especially for wings and body scales." The one called fishlegs exclaimed. "Guys meet my sister Eira. Probably better known as the jewel of bleln. And my twin." Hiccup said as I waved lightly. Two people who looked alike came up and looked us over. "You sure she's a twin?" "Yea her looks are different." "Her hair too long and more red" "her height all wrong." "Her eyes.." "ruff! Tuff! Enough you two. Gothie believes it's true and my father said so himself. Eira those are the twins ruffnut and tuffnut. And he's fishlegs." Hiccups said. "Hello." I said with a yawn. "Come on Eira. Stoic will kill me if you collapse out here. Let's get you inside so you can rest." Snotlout said pushing his way in and gently leading me away. We reached gothie's hut and after exposing that I did not have a room yet at the chiefs hut I was allowed to stay there. "Wait Snotlout. Thank you for today." I said before he left and I leaned up on my tiptoes and lightly placed my lips to his cheek. I then ducked through the door. I heard Gobber chucking and muttering "she's a little feisty one just like valka and Toril." Before he shuffled away. It made me wonder about my mother. And who Toril was.