14. Identity

- Weren't you outside just now?... Ah, fuck, it's two of you again. I don't know if you're him or you. But judging by how you've spent the break sleeping here, I'm putting my money you're in front of me. I don't have any other clue. You act the same.

       - Has any of you tried asking him about this? If he's the "original".

       - Yes, Jack has... fuck, class is starting. What'll he do?

       - Alright, students. Good afternoon and, uh, yeah. Open your books at page 121. First exercise. Who wants to visit the blackboard?

       - Collin, are you for real? What did he say??

       - Good thing we have a volunteer. Anderson, you wouldn't mind solving this for us, right?

       - Ah, sure. Yes.

       While passing by him on the way to the front, Collin gave me the answer I was most uncomfortable with.

       - He said he's definitely the real one. And that he's worried for us-

       - Collin, stop talking to him. And now, Change, why don't you amaze us with your mathematical knowledge?

       He was obviously being sarcastic. He's aware of how terrible I am at this. And I did take a wide F that time. I won't talk about my attempt solving the problem. And all the class laughter that accompanied my stupidity. It's just too embarrassing.

       After finally sitting down, I had to find him. 

       - Teacher, may I go to the bathroom?

       - Oh, put in some effort. Make it seem at least half the need of someone who actually has to go to the restroom.

       - Teacher, may I please go to the bathroom?

       - That's more like it.

       I rushed out quickly and I could hear laughter behind me again. As I closed the door, my heart skipped a beat. I hadn't even noticed.

       - Where is... Paula?