page 12

I ran into the kitchen and took out a silver knife.

"It's either me or you tonight Caleb!" I shouted.

I lunged at him, intending to inflict pain, but I barely scraped him.

"Lizzie, calm down please I can explain," he pleaded, but I was not in the mood for his lies. He grabbed me by my wrists and flung the knife out of my hand. I heard his flesh sizzle and pop, and wished it was his entire body that burned.

"You.....killed.....Tasha" I screamed as I pounded his chest. "I will kill you!"

"Lizzie, I swear to you, I did not do this! I would never harm Tasha." He whispered into my ear. Tears streamed down my face as I looked upon my friend's mangled body on the floor.

"She let you in, and you turned on her. You bastard."

"Lizzie I swear, she was like this when I found her, I was trying to bring her back to life when you barged in!" He exclaimed. "But I was too late, she was already dead."

"Liar! Vampires cannot come in unless invited, and you're the only vsmpire here, so it had to be you!" I screamed as I tried to wriggle out of his iron grip.

"There's a scent here, a familiar scent and an unfamiliar one as well, I went to uh.... feed and heard Tasha screaming, upon investigating I saw her here on the floor. I promise you, I speak the truth." He continued.

"Something foul is at foot here." He whispered. He then went on to say " I suspect the killer came looking for you, and mistook identities."

I looked at him in shock, "How do you know all of this?" I asked

"Because, as I said before there is a scent I pick up, one I know all too well." A vampire wants you dead. Come I'll explain to you when we get home."

"Great.... a vampire wants to kill me, what else is new? And by the way, I'm not going anywhere with you!" I protested.

"If you want to stay alive, you will." he said stretching out his hand to me.

Realizing he was correct, I gave in, I placed my hand into his and we flew away into the night sky as great speed.

I puked.

"Carla!" I heard Caleb shout. Who the hell was Carla? And where the hell were we? At his house I supposed. Caleb then put me down on a huge red and gold sofa and told me to breathe and relax.

Then I saw her, a pale beautiful figure. She had long black hair which swirled around her face, deep green eyes and a slender body. Suddenly those green eyes turned a dark shade of black as she stared at me, like they wanted to devour my soul. I shuddered. She was the epitome of pure evil at that moment. She was scarier than Caleb. For a moment , I was truly frightened.

"Is this your human bitch? I will kill her!" She roared and lunged at me.

"You will do no such thing Carla." I heard Caleb say as he held her back.

"What were you doing in her home tonight?" Caleb hissed.

"What! I was no where near her, I can assure you, because if I was, she would surely be dead!" She snarled. I jumped back.

"I picked up your scent at her home tonight Carla, do not lie to me!" Caleb whispered as he gripped her neck and bared his fangs. She sputtered and then laughed.

"I was curious to see what filth was keeping you away from me, so last night I went, peeked through a window and I saw this pathetic worthless creature. Honestly Caleb you could do a whole lot better than this vermin!"She spat.

"Listen here Carla. Its not my fault that Caleb can't stand being around you. If I were him, I'd probably kill myself because the sight of you is utterly repulsing!" I shouted. The next thing I knew, I was being thrown in the air and my back collided with a concrete wall, it hurt like hell.

"Bitch, I'll kill you for that comment, take it back!" She screamed as Caleb detained her. I smiled. "Never!" I shouted as loudly as I could.

"Lizzie, behave!" I heard Caleb shout. "Carla if you so much as touch her again, I will have your head, royal or no royal, take that as a threat and a warning. Do I make myself clear?"

"As you wish my love, you can have your little trysts with your whore but as soon as we're married, you must dispose of this wretched thing and whatever feelings you have for her. Is that understood?" She hissed.

"I am not marrying you Carla, not now, not ever!"

"So it's true, you do have feelings for this thing." She said in a disgusted tone.

I almost felt sorry for her, she looked as though her world had fallen apart. Wait..... What did she just say? Caleb had feelings for me?

"I'll kill you Lizzie, you can bet your pathetic human ass on it!" she growled then disappeared into the night.