page 21

"Hello my charmed one, how does it feel to die!" I heard a sinister voice chuckle.

"Eliza... you must return to us. Caleb..... Get off of her." Jason snarled.

"No, stay with me, let the flames of hell devour your soul. You are mine!" The sinister voice beckoned.

" Shit Liza... Breathe.... Come on.... Breathe."  Jason shouted. How could I tell him that I was conscious. Well as conscious as can be, and that a demon was keeping me in this catatonic state.

"Don't fear Eliza, we will help you." I heard voices utter in unison.

"Who are you?" I asked dumbfounded.

"We are your ancestors, and you are the chosen one. The one to defeat Damien. So get up breathe and open your eyes love. Your journey does not end here. Nor are you meant to perish in hell, you are destined for greatness. Open your eyes."

I gasped and began breathing. Instantly my chest began burning. The pain was excruciating, that I cried out. When I opened my eyes, I saw Caleb snarling and hissing as he was being restrained in a corner. I coughed up blood and I noticed a big hole in my chest and blood was gushing out.

"Eliza, relax, don't panic." Devon said as he stroked my hair.

I couldn't speak, the pain made it impossible to form sentences.

"Just a few more moments and Jason will have Caleb free of that demon. Just hold on baby, then you can feed from Caleb and be healed."

My body began jerking uncontrollably and I coughed up more blood. It hurt to cough, I felt like my heart would pop out.

"Jason!" I heard Devin shout

CALEB'S P.O.V.

"Get out of my son!"  father said as he threw some herbs onto my back. It burned. I hissed. The demon within me wasn't going away so easily.

"Get away!" My father repeated as he unscrewed a jar which was filled with water. My body twisted and shook as I felt the demon leave.

"Noooooooo! It screamed as it entered the jar and my father quickly closed it. I looked over to the left and there laying on floor with a huge hole in her chest was my Lizzie. I immediately ran over to her bit my wrist and let my blood flow into her mouth.

Within seconds she sat up, leaving no trace of the gaping hole that was there moments ago. She hit me on the arm and said "Well it took you long enough. A girl could die waiting on you. Oh I forgot, It was you who almost killed me!"

I laughed. She still hadn't lost her sarcasm nor her witty remarks.

"Sorry, I was possessed." I mumbled.

"Humph! Possessed or not, you're always killing people." She retorted as she held her hand over her heart, where her wound once was.

"Crazy, Psychotic demonic vampire." She whispered.

"I heard that." I replied.

"Good." She grumbled.

"Are you going to thank me for saving your life? Or are you going to bitch whole night?" I asked.

"Well, why should I thank you, when you obviously wanted to kill me, again." She laid heavy emphasis on the again part. "How many times is that now.... Oh look here I lost count." She said as she dramatically counted her ten fingers making her way down to count her toes.

I laughed again.

"Okay, okay, sorry." I apologized.

She gave me a non believing look. Then she was thoughtful for a moment and finally she asked