Chapter 34

I was woken up by the smell  of bacon coming from the kitchen upstairs. I shift slightly with a frown glued on my face. It was disappointing to not wake up with Amber sleeping with me. I had gotten used to her warmth staying with me all night. I had a chance to tell her last night, but I chickened out again. I shrug off the light blanket I slept with and head upstairs.

     I sneak up behind Bethany and throw my arms around her. "You are the most amazing person in the world." I hug her for a moment kissing the top of her head before snagging a couple pieces of bacon.

     "Hey! Stop that! You can wait just like everyone else." I throw myself into the recliner and fold my arms to pout. Andrew makes his way into the room and slides his hands on her hips whispering soft words in her ears. I let out a soft whistle calling for his attention and when he looks at me I just glare at him nodding towards his hands. They pull away from her and go up in surrender. "Jayden. He is my boyfriend so he can hold me how he wants."

     "Like Jay would ever let that slide." Zoe swings around the corner into the room with her blonde ponytail bouncing behind her. "Thanks for inviting me over for breakfast Bethany." I snap my mouth closed when her eyes meet mine. I may have set things right with her last night, but I wasn't sure I was ready to be around her full time again.

     She works her way beside Bethany to help her cook just as Alex walks in with his arm wrapped around Melanie's waist. He is shirtless like me and she is once again wearing one of his shirts as well as a simple smile. She seems oblivious to everyone except Alex. "Oh Mel you are practically glowing babe." Bethany's voice masked over the crackling from the stove.

     She was right. Melanie looked like she was glowing and she was walking on air. Alex's loose shirt shifts on her exposing a small part of her neck making a hickey visible. Holy shit. "Melanie did you?" Amber appears behind her with her arms crossed waiting for an answer.

     The normally quick witted Melanie stays silent and holds a smile on her face while tucking her head closer to Alex. Each of us looks at Alex thinking he will give an answer. "My lips are sealed." Well I guess that answers that. The joker refuses to make a joke and his girl doesn't snap at anyone for making dirty assumptions like she usually does. I feel happy for them that they finally shared their true feelings with each other.

     I look behind the cute couple trying to get a glimpse of Amber. She is wearing the shirt she stole from me and it looks fantastic falling down to her lovely thighs. Her hands tighten at her sides and I look up to see her glaring at Zoe. The same person who is staring at my bare chest. 

     I barely hear the quick soft thuds that are racing towards me and I watch Amber fly into me taking up half the seat and my lap. I chuckle softly swinging my arm around her as she gets closer. "Someone must have not slept well last night without me." I tease Amber and she hides her face just as I see the pink on her cheeks.

     "Wait a minute. You two are sleeping together?" Zoe looks more confused than anything and her eyes swing back and forth between me and Amber. Melanie is the first person to speak up.

     "Jay slept with her the other night in her bed. Then the next night they both got drunk and passed out together on the couch. Amber has exclusive pillow rights now. It's extremely cute." Mel talks about it like it is a very common thing, but my beating heart says differently. It had only happened twice this week and it only happened one more time years ago in high school.

     I expect Zoe to be extremely jealous when she gets dead quiet. Then she does the unexpected. She starts laughing like a maniac. "That sounds adorable and I believe Amber looks better in Jay's shirt than he does." Now I am the one that is confused. Relieved, but still confused.