chapter-7

It's been a week since I have been hunting for jobs but looks like this city has none left.

Or maybe it had to do with a rich jerk but no matter how rich he is, it's too much even for him. Or I think so.

Because of lack of job, I am still leaning on Sarah for financial aid. I wanted to leave the city for good but I am too low on my savings. Probably should have avoided those late night pizza cravings.

Marcus has tried calling me but after the second day I finally blocked his number. He even tried to get me through Sarah but Sarah knew better.

I sigh and enter the local diner. Now my last resort is the only job of a waitress.

It's a very cute little diner with big ass bulbs hanging from the ceiling. The walls are covered with wierd modern art. There's a little bar in the corner as well. The bar counter is covered with little post-its.

I smile at the ambience and suddenly crash with a person. I rub my chest and look up to see an old women rubbing her nose. She's a tiny one. That's why her nose crashed with my chest.

I instantly smile and start apologising. The old lady smiles and that's when it clicks. Holy shit! This is Mr kane's mother. Holy fucking crap!.

" Its okay sweet-heart. C'mon take a seat. We are mighty free today."

I start to nod but that's when it clicks. I shake my head. Just my luck. This damn place is owned by just by the person I probably needed to avoid.

" Actually I was here for the waitress vacancy. I saw the flyer outside."

" Oh! Nice. Darling sorry but I didn't catch your name!"

I wince. I should have introduced myself by now. My nerves are making a fool out of me. "Yeah-its Lily!"

" Lily-?"

" yeah Lily."

" I mean just Lily?"

" Oh! Yeah I don't use any surname." I avoid any eye contact with her. I am not in any mood to dump my life story at her right now. I just need a job now.

" Hmm. Well I am Miss Dolly Kane" she says while looking back at the counter.

Great she's not even interested in this so called interview. I start to search my mind for options. Now that this job is out of question.

" Well! Lily do you have any experience in this field?"

" No! I was a salesgirl at T&M co. A jewellery brand. But I promise you i am a hardworker and you"ll be beyond impress with my work." I plead. Trying last time to impress her.

She looks shocked for a second then look at me like she's looking at me with a new light. She narrow her eyes " Are you the one my Tyler is obsessed with?"

This time I am the one with shock going through my system. Damn the woman doesn't beat around the Bush at all.

I open my mouth to answer but the words fail me.

Looking at my open mouth, Miss Kane  smiles and nods. She snatches my hand and  starts giving the tour while explaining the ropes around the place.

" Very well. You are hired and make sure you try your best. This may be a small diner but we have a large amount of loyal customers. What can i say my daughter is the best cook out there. And yeah sweety you can call me Dolly although I don't give this privilege to anyone but you might become my family so yeah that's necessary. Maybe you will be the one who will bring my son to his knees. Oh god I am excited. Finally i"ll have some grand babies." She continues her babble while cleaning the glasses with a dry cloth.