three.

No one was surprised when Demi and Trey walked into school, hand in hand, with Demi leaning against him for support. They did that more often than not, especially after game days, so everyone in the halls just shrugged and went about their business.

"I told you that you didn't have to come today," even though they went to a private school, the parent committee had voted against uniforms so they could practically wear whatever they wanted. Demi was wearing a white lace shirt with a pair of Miss Me skinny jeans and brown Sperry's. She had her glasses on again because her eyes had been too agitated this morning for her to put on contacts.

"And I told you that I can't miss school. I can't get a scholarship with crappy grades Trey. I'm not you," Demi reminded him. Trey couldn't even take offense to it because he knew that it was true. Demi prided herself on maintaining a 4.0 GPA. Trey's GPA wasn't terrible but it could always be better, even if that didn't matter because he was a shoo in for a basketball scholarship anyways.

"Well we can leave early," Demi shook her head and grabbed her calculus book from their locker.

"I have AP Lit for sixth hour and I definitely can't miss that. But you can leave early if you want to. I can walk to get food before practice," Demi shrugged because she was too tired to care. A day at home in bed all day sounded lovely because no one else would be there but she just couldn't do that, not if she wanted to go to UCLA for college. Not if she wanted to move out.

"Just talk to me? Okay? I just wanna make sure that you're good," Demi closed their locker and Trey's hands locked on her hips. He stared down at her and she kept eye contact with him while nodding.

"I'm okay Trey. I promise. But thank you so much," she stood on the tips of her toes to hug him and out of habit his hands palmed her butt. She giggled for the first time since yesterday and pulled away, but he didn't.

"Trey?" Demi craned her neck and noticed Jhene standing behind Trey. His hands left her butt and he turned around to face her with a sheepish grin on his face, like he had just been caught doing something wrong.

"I didn't see you at the party yesterday. You either Demi. What happened?" Jhene asked and Trey and Demi exchanged looks but Trey was the one to answer.

"My mom wanted to take me out for a celebratory dinner," Trey lied, but Jhene believed him. Why wouldn't she?

"Oh that's too bad. I guess you'll just have to make it up to me by taking me on a date. Saturday? Noon at the pier?" It was supposed to be an offer but it wasn't.

"Yeah that's cool," Trey rarely went on dates. Demi was always trying to hook him up with some of the girls on the team or in her classes but he declined them...unless they just wanted to skip the date part and have sex with him. But Demi couldn't judge. She wasn't the best at relationships either.

"Great. I'll see you there," Jhene flashed him another dimpled smile before walking off again.

Trey turned back around and saw Demi beaming at him.

"Shut up," he demanded but she shook her head and tackled him again.

"You're going on a date. You haven't gone on a date since freshman year. Oh my gosh! You have to let me dress you. Please let me dress you," Demi begged and he didn't answer her because she would end up doing it anyways, not that it bothered him or anything. He would do anything to cheer her up after what happened last night.

Demi was always late to lunch because she usually stayed after in her AP Biology class to get extra help. She had to pass all of the AP tests in May in order to get college credit so she was getting all of the help that she could before then. She was so focused on looking at her test to see what she had gotten wrong and why she had gotten it wrong that she didn't see Drake walk up on her.