We're a Team

"Hi Marinette!" Plagg said enthusiastically. "Hello sugar cube!" Plagg called even more enthusiastically to Tikki.

"That's not my name Plagg!"

"Hi Marinette." Adrien did a small wave at the speechless girl.

"I'm dreaming." She said quietly. "I'm just dreaming, there's no way!"

"Are you disappointed?"

"I'm delusional. Adrien Agreste is not standing on my balcony right now." She stood and began pacing. "It makes no sense!"

"This is not a dream Marinette, it's real life!" Tikki said cheerily.

"You said that exact thing to me in a dream once before! This can't be true, what about when we faced the Horrificator? You were trapped in one of those slimy cocoons I heard your voice!"

"My Cat Noir voice isn't much different than my normal one, I faked it to hide my identity, like all those times you've faked being turned into a soilder for an akumatized victim."

"You're actually Cat Noir? This isn't a fever dream?"

"Yes, this is real. How do you feel about it?" Adrien was slowly regretting his decision seeing how she reacted, perhaps it wasn't the right time.

"I told Cat Noir I have a crush on Adrien. You've known I like you for days!"

"Yeah I guess I have. I didn't know what to do about it at first because I love Ladybug who is actually you, but I didn't know that until recently. So I had a hard time accepting that you like me. I felt like dating you would be cheating on Ladybug. Silly right?" He laughed nervously.

"This whole situation is silly." Plagg complained. "Let me explain. Adrien you love Marinette, Marinette you love Adrien. Ta-da no more confusion! You love each other!"

"You know it's not that easy Plagg." Tikki whispered. "This always happens."

"So this whole time we've both been upset about the other not loving each other when we did love each other the whole time." Marinette sunk back into her seat.

"I guess so." Adrien sat next to her. "Why do you even like me?"

"You're sweet to me." Marinette shrugged.

"I should get going, we both need to go back to sleep. School night." Adrien awkwardly moved back to the balcony railing. "Claws out. Good night Marinette, we'll talk soon."

"Goodnight." Marinette went back to lay down and found it incredibly hard to sleep. Adrien however went home and slept wonderfully.

The next day at school was beyond difficult for Marinette. Between the stress of what Yuki-onna had done there and the new unusual stress of Adrien actually liking her back she couldn't pay attention in any class but at least it was a Friday and she wouldn't have to be there the next day, but Alya was leaving Saturday. Marinette was beyond conflicted in every way.

She found herself avoiding Adrien but his presence seemed amplified, like he was the one stalking her instead of the other way around. She wondered if he could feel her stalking him in the past and felt guilty for it. Throught the day she relived the conversation, the big reveal. She dwelled on one sentence in particular.

Why did she like Adrien? What did she know about him; he's handsome she knew that for sure. He's always nice to her, and everyone else in the school. He likes video games, he still has the lucky charm she gave him and he doesn't like to be trapped in small dark places. What else did she know? What was his favorite color, favorite desert. Did he even like hamsters!? She didn't know Adrien, but he also didn't know Ladybug so why did he claim to love her?