Chapter 9: Beach Day

Start from the beginning

"No, you always just go with your friends! I am tired of it!" He yelled. I mouthed to Ava, "I have to take this," and she just fake smiled. 

"I can't do this anymore. You're always with your friends and I just don't want to be with someone who doesn't listen to me." I yelled into the phone.

"Hold on, what do you mean?" He asked.

"We're done. Don't call me, anyway this is good for you. You're a Senior and leaving for college." I said.

"Fine then, if that's how you feel then we're done." He said.

"Yeah, have a good day," I said as I hung up. I turned the corner and walked to see Ava, 

"We're done. I am so happy that we're done." I hugged her.

"Wait, what?!" She said. I let go and she looked at me. "Your happy thought." She looked really confused.

"Yeah, I didn't love him anymore, and we had a fight about not telling him where I was so I told him I was done with it so I broke up with him," I said as she hugged me. 

"if you're happy, then I guess I am happy too." I smiled and we returned to the boys. 

~Ava's POV~

When we walked over the boys they were playing truth or dare.

"You started without me," I said and they laughed.

"OK, well it's my turn so truth or dare?" Asked Zac.

"Truth," I said.

"Ok," He said.

"OMG, ask her this," Mia said as she whispered to Zac. He looked at her with a "you're such a girl" face and turned to me.

"Truth, who do you like on right now?" He asked. My cheeks turned instantly red. I looked at Mia and she laughed.

"Um, well there are plenty of boys in our school who I like but the person I have I like is," I stopped and didn't know what to do. What if the person you liked was sitting right there. I looked at Zac for a moment and t finally said, "His name is Zac," 

He looked up from his food. When he meets my eyes I turned around and ran to the path that leads me to my house and ran to the porch. I sat in a chair that was on the porch for a little bit until Zac came from the path that leads to the beach. I felt my stomach start doing summer salts.

"Wow," Is all he said when he stepped onto the porch. 

"Sorry," I said as he looked confused.

"Sorry about what?" He said.

"I don't know," I said, we sat in silence before he said. 

"We should go back," He took my hand into his and he just leads me back to the beach. Everyone was sun tanning on towels or in chairs. We sun tanned until Alex got up.

"I'm burning, let's go buggy boarding." He suggests as he grabs one of the buggy boards I brought. We had so much fun. When it got to 5:00 pm, we decided that we all needed to go home. Alex brought everyone home so that left Zac and me alone at his house. 

"I want to show you something," He said and went to his room. I followed and it was just as I thought. An average teenage boy's room. Clothes all over the floor, school stuff on a desk, and finally his football jersey was on his bed. He walked over to his closet and grabbed a box that was hidden in the back.

"This is my shell collection." He said as he set it down on the bed next to me.

"Wow, this is cool." I said, "Have you showed your friends this?" I asked. 

"No, don't tell anyone about it, please." He begged.

"I won't, do you have water?" I asked.

"Yeah, downstairs," I said. We walked downstairs and we have greeted by someone I didn't know.

"Shit," Zac said.

"Hey, brother." The guy said.

"Hey," He said, he looked at me and then turned to the guy, "Kyle, Ava. Ava, Kyle." He said.

"Hey," I said as Zac walked to the kitchen. I follow and Kyle just walked upstairs with a girl I've seen before at school.

"Zac grabs water bottles out of the fridge and then we walk to the living room and watch tv. My eyelids start to feel heavy after we have played UNO and watched two movies. I see black.

I am woken up by someone caring me upstairs. I smell the cinnamon of Zac and feel comforted. He opens the door to his room and sets me on his bed before I fall back asleep.

~Author's Note~

Hey guys or girls, sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have been at a camp and doing some stuff with family. Thanks for the votes and comments. Share the book with your friends and till next time.

~Soccerlife24

P.S. I will be updating in about a couple days or tomorrow so stay tuned and Have a good or great or amazing day. :)