09

the next day after his completed date with hyunjin, seungmin sits on his bed texting jisung all about it. though everything went quite smoothly, seungmin described all the things that happened. he even included little details, it could have compiled of hyunjin taking small glances at him while they ate or if the flare in his eyes became brighter when it came to someone interrupting their date. with these details, jisung was able to make an argument to why seungmin shouldn't hang out or even date the boy. yet, seungmin didn't seem to fully understand his picture. so the older boy resulted in calling his best friend.

"I feel like he's bad news." jisung states firmly, his tone already displays his desire of seungmin not wanting to go on with hyunjin. "you really should listen to me, I'm right with everyone you get involved with."

"jisung, this is different. those were friendships, this is my first encounter with someone who wants to be involved with me romantically!" seungmin sets down his argument, a whining tone following his words. but he receives the harsh sighs from his best friend, which wasn't the greatest response. "jisung, please give me more reasons to why hyunjin doesn't seem like a suited partner for me..."

"first of all, out of nowhere he gains interests in you. it's like he's targeting you for some weird game or something! like what's his intentions seungmin? do you even know the boy that well?"

"of course not sung, but that's why we get to know each other!" he states, jisung still wasn't pleased with his answer. why couldn't his own best friend just listen for once?

"he gives me weird vibes, like his smile is just..creepy."

seungmin's jaw drops, he looks at the phone as if jisung is able to see his expression. "I find it cute!"

"I find it artificial."

"that's your opinions not an actual fact." seungmin states shortly, he plays with a nearby plushie and squishes it. he felt the stress relieving slowly as his hands firmly grasp on the soft toy. "you won't support me if I date him, I'm getting that vibe."

"and your vibe is right." jisung says with his full heart and chest, "but me not supporting your decisions doesn't mean I don't wanna be your best friend. I'm going to have to deal with it because it's love, I can't control your feelings min. but, I don't think he's right for you."

seungmin smiles, the kind words that always struck his heart. jisung was known for that, he really appreciated them. "thanks sung...I really want to try and work things out with hyunjin.."

"whatever you say." as jisung's tone radiates defeat, seungmin smiles from his answer. eyes lighting up although jisung couldn't see, jisung already knew. "just tell me if he does anything weird, I'll kick his ass."

"definitely!" seungmin complies, "I'm gonna go call him for a bit, I'll text you later!"

"alright, bye."

seungmin's whole being celebrates as he got 'approval' from jisung, that's all he ever wanted and he surely was going to make things work between hyunjin. before calling, he messages the boy to ensure it was okay with him. in a jiffy, he answered with a simple, 'yeah sure'. seconds later, his phone was ringing waiting for the call to go through. once the obnoxious noise stopped, all he could hear was hyunjin's voice on speakerphone. "hello?"

"hey hyunjin!" he greets enthusiastically, heart racing once he hears his voice.

"what's up min."

"nothing much, just wanted to talk to you about something really important."

"and that is?" he says a bit quietly, "shh~" seungmin's eyebrows angle down, his expression quickly changes as confusion fills him. "sorry, as you were saying."

"oh, jisung—"

"jisung what?" the harshness in hyunjin's voice was prominent, but this was not jealousy from what seungmin thought. more of, annoyance.

seungmin clears his throat before speaking his words, "he approves of you now.." hyunjin doesn't answer, he did seem quite occupied on the phone. "hello?"

"why? did he not approve of me before?"

"oh, I don't know. he just thinks weird things. he's probably viewing you as some villain because he's so overprotective when it comes to me." the younger tries to laugh it off, it takes a couple seconds for hyunjin to reply. but shortly, seungmin can hear laughing from the other line as well.

"you know?" he coos, his chuckles filling the boy's ear as he leans a bit towards his phone to hear his next words clearly. "I really like you."

"you do.." he softly replies, "I feel really bad that jisung sees you as some bad guy."

"a bad guy? min please, he just doesn't want you and I together. how can you not see it?" hyunjin explains, "what kind of best friend is that? it's as if he doesn't want you to be happy, as if he's manipulating who you can and can't be with. isn't that unfair?"

"I mean—"

"are you going to defend his actions once more, I bet he's done this many of times and you've had to cut friendships. maybe that's why romance is so dull in your life."

"hyunjin—"

"come on." the sweetness is a trap as venom leaks from it, yet seungmin can only listen as the poison seeps into him. "you don't need to listen to your best friend, you are your own person. who cares if jisung thinks I'm some villain, because am I really?"

"no." he doesn't stutter when he answers, which pleases the boy. the satisfaction that rushes through his blood makes him want to burst from excitement. "you're not a villain.."

"good, you know the truth? listen to what you want, not what he wants."

"I think I'm gonna go..I'll call you later jinnie." seungmin explains once hyunjin is finished. the boy doesn't even get to say his goodbye, the screen displays the line cut off and his original sceeen returning.

hyunjin looks down at daehwi, the shaken boy who's eyes are dilated to the extent. his head turns right, then left, right once again. the realization comes to him as another is being taken in, "you can't do this! please hyunjin not another!" daehwi screams, sunwoo had to be silenced during the call since he was trying to out the boy out.

"remember what I said to seungmin? I'm my own person, you don't tell me what to do." hyunjin smiles, but daehwi screams still fill his ears. "later kitten, calm yourself down. you don't want to end up like sunwoo baby."