06

"I can't believe you're going on a date with him..." jisung mumbles, poking his lunch with his fork abruptly as he stares at his best friend. eyes filled with disappointment, he couldn't say he was but he had to conceal his unhappiness purposely for seungmin.

"he's a really nice guy! I promise you." seungmin states, all he can do is smile due to the day coming so soon. "sungie, be happy for me because this is going to be my first date."

"I know, I know." as jisung lets out a sigh, not wanting his 'stupid' gut feeling to get in the way of seungmin's date. maybe he was being too protective of the boy, being best friends with him for years made jisung more aware of everything the boy did. "I just don't want you getting hurt."

"but that's apart of life, you once told me that." seungmin reminds, jisung can only nod his head as he remembers his words. "If I do get hurt, I know you'll be there right by my side."

"I just want everything to go well for you. I don't trust hyunjin that much because we don't know him well. he seems somewhat odd in my opinion."

"jisung, you can't judge a book by its cover. I'm sure I'll be fine and I'll also tell you if anything seems sketchy." seungmin puts his pinky finger in front of jisung's sulking face, "I promise."

the squirrel boy rolls his eyes, knowing seungmin was always the type to commit to these childish things. but jisung couldn't lie, the kiddie acts made him feel more reassured when it came to seungmin. so he takes his pinky finger and locks it with seungmin's, "you promised, so don't break it min."

"when have I broken any of our promises?" the boy questions, giving him a bit of sass.

"never."

"exactly!" as seungmin makes his point, "I'll text you all the details after our date and I promise to not keep any out. so wish me good luck!"

"I already did min...already did."

____________
_______
TIMESKIP; FRIDAY

friday night and seungmin is happily chatting away with hyunjin. the boy has already sent the address of the dining area hyunjin wanted to go to, it wasn't far of a walking distance so seungmin didn't mind taking a small stroll to the place. they agreed that they'd meet up at twelve p.m sharp and have an early lunch. after that, the date would have to flow on its own taking them to wherever their hearts desired.

"so are you ready for our date?" hyunjin teases through the phone, his voice making seungmin's heart beat at an abnormal pace. "because I can't wait for it."

"somewhat nervous.." seungmin admits, sitting criss-crossed on his bed. he stares at his closet, the fact that hasn't picked out an outfit finally strikes his mind.

"don't be nervous, I promise things will go smoothly."

"I bet you've been on many dates." as seungmin smiles, twiddling with his fingers while talking to hyunjin on the phone. the funny feeling in his stomach rises and he simply shrugs, but it's not as if hyunjin could see him. "but if you have, it's reassuring because you know what you're doing."

hyunjin only laughs through the phone, "you can say that. but don't worry about it too much, I have to go check up on something outside. stray cats appear sometimes so I should go refill the water bowl."

"that's so sweet of you hyunjin, okay I'll let you go. see you tomorrow!"

hyunjin's index finger hovers over the red button that signifies he's about to end the call, smirking before pressing the button, he ends their conversation with a short, "bye.."

throwing his phone aside on his bed, he walks on over to the closet and opens it. pushing the heavy coats out of the way, he opens the hidden door and heads down the stairs. there, he sees sunwoo and moonbin conversing. while daehwi looks up to the ceiling, mumbling words to himself as he's miserable in his state. "hey guys~" hyunjin purrs, he grips onto the staircase's railing. "someone new will be joining you three soon."

"you're a monster hwang. an absolute sicko, we're doing nothing down here and you're simply just keeping us hostage!" sunwoo screams, trying to run towards the boy but the chain around his left ankle keeps him secured. "why us!"

hyunjin's eyes darken, "don't question my loves, be happy you're here."

"why the fuck would I be happy to be here! I need to finish college! people need to know we are here!" moonbin yells, hoping someone would hear him through the walls. "you need to let us out hyunjin."

hyunjin's free hand only covers his mouth, tears trickling down his face as he holds in the small laughs. "I—I can't do that!" as he looks at them with teary eyes, "you're suppose to stay with me. forever! you're the only ones who have displayed affection towards me, nobody has ever did! I can't lose you guys too!"

daehwi's eyes widen, "I'd rather be killed then stay here my whole life." he states boldly, "just do it hwang!"

"baby, I can't do that." as he wipes his overflowing tears, he begins to walk up the stairs again. daehwi's screams and pleads fill his ears, the boy's hoarse voice is as dramatic as a symphony. before he leaves the boys for a goodnight's rest, he states.

"be good for me, because I'll be bad for you."