Belle looked at him, surprised.

She couldn’t believe he was back there. And this time, more sober than ever.

What did he want after all?

That time was different. His eyes seemed to see through her, and he seemed to be really honest when he spoke, which scared her the most.

“I was having a hard time and… I got drunk and I really shouldn’t have taken it on you. You didn’t deserve that. It’s all on me. And I’m sorry” he took a deep breath

Suspiciously, she looked at him “So… you just came back to apologize?”

“Believe me, I will not ask for sexual favors” he looked down at her “Belle is it?”

“How do you know that?”

“I may have overheard that” he extended his hand “Robert. Robert Reilly”

She stared at his hand, unsure.

“C’mon. Believe me I’m not trying to be a smartass”

“You surely do look like…” she stopped herself. She was talking too much already

Robert smiled “I’m sorry again” he walked towards the champagne and took two glasses.

As to Belle, there were lots of things in her mind.

If he was really telling the truth and nothing would happen, what would she tell Fritz or Roy when they come to check up on them?

They would kill her!

Or her little Theo!

Or her mother!

“You look really tense” he whispered “I promise I’m not trying anything mean or horrible here”

Taking a deep breath, she accepted the champagne.

“What’s the deal in here?” he asked, out of nothing

She frowned “Excuse me?”

“C’mon…” he smiled, leaning against the wall, which made him look quite handsome.

“I do my job. Nothing else to add” she simply said

He observed her narrowly “Is that it? Don’t you receive more for a bigger number of men or… everyone is paid equally…” he asked, not really interested in the question, but more in her answer and body language.

“Do you really think I would discuss that with you?!” she snapped

“I don’t know, you know… some of you just seem to be more comfortable and some others are just… sneaking around… like you” he teased

She turned around, taking a deep breath “You are taking my precious time, Mr. I need to go to work”

“Oh? But I said I’m paying anyway” Robert spoke “To that man…  the ‘owner’ he told me? Is that so?”

“Fritz…” She looked at him. What did he want, anyway? What was his point?

He was making her really nervous, and she knew someone would knock at the door any minute now.

Robert sensed it, and the theory he really didn’t want to believe in started to grow evident in his mind.

“What brought you here? I mean, obviously, you’re not from here”

She looked at him. There was absolutely no way she would answer that question.

“Please, just leave, seriously. This is a place you pay to get laid, not to make interrogations.”