Clues

“When was the last time you had a proper meal?” Tom asked Robert as he devoured his food

“I have no recollection of that” Robert whispered, looking at Tom sister’s cell

“So, she never spoke of anything… suspicious?”

“I’m telling you, man, no” Tom said “I’ve asked every single person in town!”

“Get me in the internet” he passed the phone to him

“Can’t you do that yourself?!” Tom frowned, he was eating, after all!

“Yes, I can, but I’m hungry”

“You’ve finished…” Tom watched as he stood up to go and ask for another dish.

Taking a deep breath, he picked the phone up

“See? Not that hard” Robert smiled, coming back after a minute “Search in there how many people went missing here, lately”

Tom looked at him, curious, then did as he was told.

“Uh…” he searched as Robert ate, suddenly feeling in such a better mood.

“Nothing here Robert”

Robert glanced at Tom “Here’s the deal, get me a laptop, a map of town, a watch and a phone. I’ll be looking for a place to stay. Then, I’ll see what I can do”

Tom’s eyes widened, but he quickly nodded “You never got to tell me… are you like a cop or something?”

Robert stood up “Call to your sister’s phone, I’ll answer” he showed him the phone and walked away.

It wasn’t hard, at all, to find a place to stay.

And, after looking throughout the empty closets, he noticed he really needed some more clothes. Tom had borrowed him some, though, so it would do for the day.

Finding his reflection on the mirror, Robert felt disgusted. He really needed a shave and a haircut.

So, while waiting for Tom, he decided to do so.

His mind didn’t stop wondering about Tom’s sister.

It was, indeed, a really weird event. After all, she couldn’t possibly have left the island.

Being underage, she would have needed authorization.

No, something else had happened.

So, getting finally distracted from all the events on his life, he let his mind get fully occupied with this mystery.

When he heard the doorbell ringing, he went to open the door for Tom.

“Woah!” Tom smiled, carrying all the stuff Robert asked him “Looking a lot better”

Robert half smiled “Please don’t get flirty with me”

“Oh, please” Tom entered the house.

“Let’s get to work?” Robert immediately opened the laptop.

“Lets!” Tom quickly joined him, not really sure of what to do.

It didn’t really matter to him though, he just felt overwhelmed to see this other side of Robert and even more for having him helping on finding his sister.

“What can I do, Robert?” He said, as he looked at the man typing on the laptop, clueless.

“Here’s the deal…”