Chapter 1 - Cleo Smart

Dedicated to brookee_morgan and Lord_Cakenator! Thanks for your help guys!

C H A P T E R 1

I glanced at my partner, Ramona Burke, to see that she was reaching for her pistol. We made eye contact and I subtly shook my head. If she took out her pistol, she could screw us both over, and I'd rather that not happen.

"What, why?" Ramona whispered angrily at me.

I glared at her in return, "Would you like to get us killed before we've even started?"

She shook her head quickly and walked ahead of me, shaking her hips as she did. She had already turned the corner just as I started to strut after her. When I joined Ramona round the corner, I wasn't surprised to find 5 men all dressed in black FBI suits walking towards us.

From the corner of my eye, I seen Ramona looking at me worriedly before recomposing herself and standing with her hands on her hips. Smirking, I made my way to the closest of the five men and put my hand on his chest.

"Stop right there, big boy." I said in a seductive voice.

The man grabbed my arm and twisted me around so that my back was to his chest. I gasped in surprise and I heard him chuckle behind me.

He put his head down by my ear, so that I could smell the smoke in his breath. "And who might you girls be?"

I smirked before turning my head towards him. "We're your worst nightmare."

I took my leg up and kicked him in the balls. He doubled over, with me still in his grasp, and I looked at Ramona for help. She knew straight away what I was referring to and she grabbed her pistol from her back pocket.

As quick as a flash, a bullet had made it's home inside the mans forehead. The other 4 men had just stared on in shock, but now they had started reaching for their own guns.

Pushing the man off of my back, I ran for my next victim. I leaped onto his back and grabbed my pistol, shooting him in the side of the head before jumping back onto the ground.

"Cleo, help!" Ramona screamed. I spun on my heel, shooting one of the men closing in on Ramona, leaving 2 left.

I took out my dagger and motioned for Ramona to do the same. She noticed what I meant and then gave a slight smirk before she swiftly grabbed her dagger and sliced one of the men's hands. He screamed out in pain, and while he was distracted by that I decided to put him out of his misery and shoot him in the heart. He collapsed to the floor in a heap before taking his last breath.

I bent over with my hands on my knees, looking up just in time to see Ramona kick the remaining man in the shoulder, knocking him to the ground. She took her dagger above her head and took it down into his chest.

Blood pooled all around us, and we knew we had to get out of there soon.

"Cleo?" I looked up to see Ramona looking at me with guilt on her face. "We just killed these men."

I nodded and softly said, "I know, but it had to be done. There wasn't any way we were going to be able to do this without killing them off."

"But they had families! What's gonna happen when they don't return, and their little five year old daughter is wondering where her Daddy is?" she exclaimed, tears starting to run down her cheeks.

I ran over to her and engulfed her in a hug. "Mona, I know you feel guilty but it was either them or us. If we didn't do this mission, we were going to lose our lives. I don't know about you, but I'd like to keep mine."

She nodded and unwrapped herself from my embrace and walked towards a large oak door. "It's now or never."

I followed behind her and towards a key pad. I slid my fake FBI card out of my pocket and swiped that across the screen.

"Agent accepted. Would you like to be rembered at this gate?" a monotone voice said out of the speakers.

I clicked on the 'yes' option before returning back to the main screen. Ramona came behind me and wiped down the screen, getting rid of any fingerprints I may have left.

"Are we done?" she asked once she had finished.

I nodded my head, "Yeah, we've just got to get a copy of the map, and then we're out of he-"

I got cut off by my phone ringing and I immediately fished it out of my pocket.

"It's Clark." I informed Ramona before answering the call. "Agent 172, Cleo. Speak."

"172, are you still with Agent 173?" He was talking about Ramona.

"Yes, I am. Why do you ask?"

He took a breath on the other line before saying, "We need you both back at the headquarters immediately."

"Alright, give us 10 minutes." I requested before hanging up.

I slid my phone back into my pocket and grabbed Ramona's wrist, dragging her towards the exit.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"We need to get back to the headquarters. It sounded urgent."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *