I just shrug, it's not my place to call him out. Obviously he's still not comfortable.

*****

Somehow, Scarlett talked me into playing Call of Duty and I'm not surprised to learn she's better than me. I'm beginning to think I'll never be able to beat the Rhodes kids, no matter what it is. They're always better.

After three games and plenty of smack talk, Scarlett begins to yawn.

"We can take a break." I offer, glancing over at her just as I get killed.

Yawning once more, she shrugs. "No, I'll just watch you play."

She stands up to grab a blanket and I get the bright idea to lay down, taking up the entire couch.

"Ash, that isn't funny." She grumbles, turning to take the recliner.

Grabbing her hand, I yank her down to my chest. Ignoring her protests, I get comfortable as I throw the blanket over us. "This way you get to nap and a front row view of me kicking ass." I tease, moving so we're on our sides.

"You're so stubborn." She mutters but her arms wrap around me before soft snores fill the room.

Yeah, I'm the stubborn one.

My phone rings, in a panic I scramble for it before she wakes up.

"Hello?" I whisper.

Heavy breathing fills my ear and I tense. I'm about to block this stupid number. I'm over it.

"Ash, who is it?" Scarlett mumbles sleepily, undoubtedly thinking it's her siblings.

"No one, Sweetheart, just some stupid telemarketer. Go back to sleep." I assure her, running a hand down her back.

She grumbles something as she nestles her face back into my chest.

There's a sharp intake of breath and I remember I'm still on the phone. "Look, can you please stop calling? It's getting pretty annoying."

The line goes dead and I shake my head. I know if I just block the number another will call but damn. At least say something.

Continuing my game, I try not to fixate on the call.

"Ashto– oh." My dad says, coming up the stairs to the bonus room.

Pausing the game, I hold a finger to my lips.

"Ashton." He tries again with a whisper and I can see the envelope in his hand.

Shaking my head, my grip on Scarlett accidentally tightens. "I don't want to read it, put it with the other."

I will not acknowledge that man, even in writing.

Dad nods, "I've tried to figure out how to stop them but it's going to take some time."

"It's fine, whenever you figure it out will be good." Hopefully it's just before the man gets out of prison.

Walking to his room, dad nods in understanding before stopping. "Are you two dating?"

Smirking, I fix the blanket. "No, but I swear nothing above PG has happened."

I really don't want to move from the position I'm currently in. Although, I don't really think that morning at Scarlett's was PG by any means.