Chapter 11 - Marvolous Mr Horatius Prewett

When Harry joined the others downstairs he saw Hermione finishing up the setting of the table, and she looked to be muttering something under her breath, yet Mrs Weasley cheerfully continued to hum to her self by the stove, either blissfully unaware or Hermione's feminist rant or ignoring her.

Ron sat with Fred and George, watching the twins count out giant gold Galleons with a glint of envy in his eye.
'Fred dear, do you have to do that now?' Mrs Weasley asked chastising the twins
George grinned, ' but yes mother, we want to make sure we know exactly how much we took today before the greedy goblins get at it'

'Oi, that's totally racist' shouted Hermione, 'Goblinist, Speciesist....' she trailed off and Harry could see her trying to work out the politically correct term, 'either way' she added, 'that's not nice'
'We were only joking Hermione' Fred added looking honestly shocked he had upset her and he began to push the coins off the table into a leather bag.

'Come on now children' said Mrs Weasley fondly smiling down at her shocked children.
'Why is she so calm?' Whispered Fred to Ron, who simple shrugged back.
'It's eerie' whispered George.
'Tut' came a voice from the armchair in the corner and Ginny's red hair appeared from behind a copy of the Quibbler.
'Don't you know' she grinned at them all, 'every year' and she shock her head.
'Nooo' the twins mouthed looking at each other.
'What, what is it?' Ron asked looking to his older brothers.
Harry shrugged and Hermione looked just as puzzled.

'Today' Mrs Weasley shocked them all leaning over Harry's shoulder 'is a Weasley family Holiday, a special occasion if you will' and she turned back to the stove humming.

'A what? Asked Harry looking at Ron who's face had gone a little slack.
'Oh, er, What?' Answered Ron dumbly
'Happy Weasley-Prewitt Day' sang Ginny coming over to sit with the others, 'its mum and dads wedding anniversary' and she pulled a small package from behind her.
Ron groaned, 'let me put my name on that' he asked and Ginny grinned
No chance, get your own gift.
Harry looked alarmed, he wanted to be able to give the Weasleys a gift but he didn't have anything.

'Don't worry Harry dear' Mrs Weasley said leaning over Harry again, making him jump for the second time, 'you and Hermione being here to celebrate with us is gift enough, and I've come to expect that my children will never remember this day, as long as Arthur does, speaking of which look at the time'

Harry looked to the clock and saw that the hand representing Mr Weasley had spun to travelling and then Home. Harry looked over to Ron who Harry could see had gone red, the tips of his ears white and he looked ashamed,
'Forgot again' Ron mumbled under his breath. Ginny giggled and nodded at Ron who looked relieved, ' I owe you one' he mouthed to her.
'You owe me like a million by now' she replied sternly but smiled at him, her smiled turned to Harry and he suddenly got all hot and looked away, he was sure he heard her snigger.

With that Mr Weasley burst through the door, and as he did streamers began to fall from the ceiling and soft music began to play from somewhere,
'Where is my dearest little mollywobbles?' Mr Weasley sang out and he grabbed his wife and pulled her in for a hug.
'Oh Arthur' she crooned beaming from ear to ear.
Harry didn't know where to look but felt warm inside looking at the two hold each other, Mrs Weasley had a tear on her check and Arthur produced a large bouquet of flowers from nowhere.

After a suitably sized vase had been found, an old watering can from the garden, the family sat around the table. Mrs Weasley had gone all out and the table groaned under the weight of the dishes. 'Tuck in dears' she called and everyone, Ron with much gusto.

As they all ate the clock chimed and Harry span to look at it, in all his time he had never heard it make a noise and assumed it didn't. He turned back to look at Mr and Mrs Weasley who, looked a little surprised but no too much.

'The clock has recognised this as a treasured family moment' Mrs Weasley smiled, yet more tears falling from her face,
'It can do that' quizzed Hermione, 'I've read about magical clocks but never heard of a clock doing that before'

'Ah' said Mrs Weasley still smiling, that because that clock is a creation of my grandfather, a rather famous clockmaker you see.'
'Oh, I've read about him' said Hermione, 'he was quite revered'
'Oh yes' Mrs Weasley said eagerly, she seemed proud to speak of her grandfather ' not just revered he was the best at his craft, this clock her not only monitors our family but records precious moments, like a family album if you will' she turned to smile at the clock and her face dropped a little.
'the marvellous Mr Prewitt they called him, He went missing you know, no one knows where' she said, the smile falling from her face.
Mrs Weasley got up abruptly and went to the sink.
'Good man' mr Weasley said,  'good Man, they believe Grindlewald had something to do with it, never proven though'
Hermione gasped, Harry confused but not wanting to stop the flow of the story held in his questions, Ron simple looked bored and chased a pea around his now empty plate with a fork.

Mrs Weasley came back to the table and sat down, you might as well hear the full story of my family' she smiled sadly and she looked to the clock.

My Grandfather was one of three, he, Horatius, his brother Billius and their sister Muriel. Horatius was an expert clock maker, a family business learnt from his father and was the best at his craft.  But while they where young their parents went missing whilst travelling Europe looking for a shop location in Germany, 1905 I believe it was and Muriel was left to look after her brothers, she herself being only 16. Billius used to say that's what turned her so bitter.'

'Ha' Ron exclaimed loudly then turned red as he saw everyone looking at him.

Mrs Weasley continued, 'My grandfather Horatius married his childhood sweetheart Ginerva Abbott and had 2 of their own, Ignacio who married into the Black Family' at this name. Harry went to answer a question, but Ginny hand on his arm stopped him.

'And Elysius, my father. Eli they called him' she stopped smiling  and Mr Weasley placed his own hand on his wife's arm.
He looked to Harry and the table and continued for her, ' Eli married and they had 3 children Gideon, Fabian and my Molly' he squeezed her arm and she lay her head on his shoulder, tears still silently running down her face.

'While Molly was still little, Eli also went missing, no one could explain where he went, he just vanished, this was what, in the 50's dear?' He asked looking down to Molly who nodded.
'I don't really remember him much' she answered, her voice cracking slightly, ' I remember he made me feel safe, when I think hard, I think I can remember him working in his workshop, I can smell leather and smoke, then one day he just vanished, he was the last clock maker in our family, Gideon and Fabian where only a few years older than me so hadn't learnt the family clock secrets, after he vanished uncle Billius went a little mad'
This time the Twins laughed out loud in unison and Mr Weasley smiled,
'Yes he is a little eccentric, but he felt guilty that his younger brother was taken and not him'
She sniffed and Harry offered her back the handkerchief she had given him earlier. She smiled now, 'no Harry dear that's yours' Mr Weasley provided her with one and she dabbed at her eyes,
'Taken?' Asked Hermione gently,
Mrs Weasley nodded at her, 'My great grandparents, Horatius, my father and my dear brothers departing early too, they say our family is cursed, one from each generation leaves too soon' she looked around the table at her brood, ' that's why I worry so much about all of you'

She looked around at the now smiling Weasley family, 'I do love you all so much,  you too included' she nodded at Harry and Hermione.