Chapter 8 - Abnorm Alley

Harry sat in silence at breakfast that morning thinking over the letter. Ron and Hermione sat on either side of him matching his still resolution.
'Passed out as soon as we hit the pillow' Harry heard Fred telling Mr. Weasley

'Slept like we had been Petrified' George added.

'Right' called Mrs. Weasley as she bustled into the kitchen 'we have a very busy day today and I don't want to forget anything.'

'We need to get going too mother' Fred said standing, got to get things ready for your big arrival' George Winked at Harry.

'How's the shop going Fred?' Ron asked

'Never you mind little brother you'll see later' George teased.

'Yes, yes very well' Mrs. Weasley bustled guiding the Twins towards the fireplace, she kissed each of them on the cheek, 'Now be safe' she warned them. 'Diagon Alley is not as safe as it used to be'

'Yes mother' they repeated in unison and in turn they disappeared into the green flames within the fireplace.

Harry looked into the green flames feeling guilty. After all it had been him who had given the twins the Gold to set up their own shop. Ron had gone on about it over and over. He couldn't understand where his brothers had gotten the gold from to set up and Harry had just shrugged his shoulders and tried to keep out of the conversation not wanting to admit to having given the twins his Tri-wizard winnings.

'Well I think they are very brave to try and set up a business in this economy' Hermione continued and was interrupted by Mr. Weasley.

'Hermione dear, in times such as these people are always going to be looking for a laugh'

'Ha' Mrs Weasley exclaimed as she came back into the kitchen, 'What kind of business will run on making people laugh' she tutted Ginny a coat and handing her Purse to Mr Weasley. 'We need to stop by the bank dear'

'Well there's Zonkos, Gamble and Japes' Ron started towards his mother but Harry wasn't listening, he felt another wave of guilt wash over him. He'd often thought of sharing his Gold with the Weasleys but he knew they would never take it and he had helped finance the Twins shop.

'Be that as it may Ron, if we don't get going we won't get all your things in time' Mrs. Weasley scolded Ron impatiently and they began to queue for the fireplace.

With his head spinning as he brushed soot from his robes he remembered the last time he had unsuccessfully attempted to travel to Diagon Alley via Floo Powder and accidently ended up in Nocturn Alley. A side street dedicated to the dark arts. With a little pop Mr. Weasley appeared and Molly Nodded.

'Right we have to go to the bank so we will meet back here in one hour and stick together don't be going off on your own. Do you hear me Ron?'

Ron had been too busy craning his neck up the street to see his brother's shop.

'Yeah, yeah one hour' he muttered back to her and then watched his parents walk towards the doors of Gringotts.

'So where do you wanna go?' Hermione asked spinning round on Harry, Ron and Ginny.

'I'm going to go meet up with...' said Ginny but she didn't finish her sentence but instead gave Ron a dark look, 'Never mind I'll see you in a bit' and she ran off towards a group of students stood outside Olivanders.

'Where she going' said Ron Narrowing his eyes to try and make out who his sister was talking to.

Harry also found himself trying to make out who stood in the small group and felt his insides twist a little.