I tried ignoring the snickers that followed. I shouldn't be bothered by their remarks. After all, they did not even know half of what I was going through. A major case of trust issues, that's what.

First Alex. Then Caden. Why was this even happening to me?

I knew I shouldn't have done that. Rushed it with Caden, I mean. As far as I knew him, he always had his guards up. He didn't like making things easier for himself or the people around him. He was stubborn that way. But I was too. Even if he thought I didn't deserve an explanation, I'd ask for one. He couldn't just start pushing me away all over again. Not after he told me that he liked me. Not after he told me that he wanted this as much as I did.

I'd let go of Alex. I didn't want to do the same to Caden.

Whatever this was, he'd have to tell me why. He'd have to explain this to me. He couldn't just tell me that he liked me, kiss me, and still hide things from me. Either that, or he was just lying about his feelings for me.

I just really, really hoped it wasn't the latter. Even thinking about that made me feel like a complete fool.

I'll talk to him.

"Don't even get me started, dude. Both Alex and Caden left the football team at almost the same time." I heard another voice. "And they were last seen with her."

I heard some more muffled laughs.

"I don't even know what Caden saw in that geek. It's probably just a fake rumour anyway. We all know he rarely goes out with any girl, and with her out of all--"

I tuned her out just as quick, squeezing my eyes shut and letting my mind drift off to something else. Anything else. I really didn't want to hear whatever they were saying. Why was I suddenly the main talk in this room? Just because this was my first time in detention?

"She must be doing some sort of black magic." A girl whispered.

I scowled at that. First, it was geek, now a fucking witch. I didn't understand why the teacher wasn't telling them to shut their awful mouths.

"Oh, I forgot. She's more into her sleep." More snickers.

I groaned and had to stifle the urge to look them in the eye and tell them to shut up. Because if I did that, I might just end up getting more hours of detention. So in the end, I decided to mute them all out.

Taking out my phone and hiding it under my desk, I opened the browser. If the teacher was sleepy enough to not hear all the bullshit going around in the classroom, then there was a ninety-five per cent chance that he might not bat an eyelash at me either.

Opening the browser, I typed in Fernando Miller on the search bar. I wasn't really expecting anything to pop up when I waited for it to load. But I was taken aback by surprise when a few pictures did take over the screen.

Pictures of a house--from the inside. It had black, scorch marks almost everywhere on the walls. Another picture showed the outside of the same house and several firemen surrounding it. All in all, I was left a bit shaken.

I tried looking for any sort of article but found absolutely none. Not even a single thing related to those pictures. As if somebody had made sure to wipe out all the information from the public eye.

It was the abrupt sound of the bell ringing that broke me out of the stupor. I looked up and saw the rest of my classmates filing out. I guess I hadn't ever been that grateful to leave a classroom.