𝒳𝐼𝒱. 𝒜 𝒲𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓇'𝓈 𝐻𝑜𝓂𝑒

Work at the Armed Detective Agency is tedious when there's nothing to do but paperwork

Work at the Armed Detective Agency is tedious when there's nothing to do but paperwork. Especially for those among them who are more suited to fieldwork.

Unfortunately, Atsushi isn't particularly fond of either since paperwork makes him sleepy and fieldwork means that there's trouble somewhere. Besides, he's convinced that he still has to improve by leaps and bounds so as to not be a liability. So, he can't honestly say he looks forward to either, which begs the question of how he can say that he likes his job when he dislikes both aspects of it.

Well, no. There's more to it than just the work. Atsushi likes it because, this way, he's contributing to society and helping those who need it. He also likes it because it's the only thing keeping him off the streets.

An empty smile settles across his mouth at the thought as he pauses briefly in typing up a report that Kunikida-san is adamant about wanting within the next three hours. Atsushi is in no way fond of constantly deliberating his financial status, but he finds himself doing it more often than he cares to admit. He wonders if that makes him some sort of masochist.

He snaps out of his reverie when Kunikida-san's yelling increases to a volume he isn't yet naturally accustomed to ignoring, turning to see the commotion even though he (and everyone else at the Agency) already knows what lies at the core of it. As expected, he finds the blond violently shaking his dark-haired partner by the collar, shouting about a visitor and first impressions and how if Dazai scares her away, Kunikida will personally ensure that the former meets his wish for death.

Atsushi watches Dazai-san's eyes light up when he registers the last part of the other man's words and the weretiger sighs at his mentor's antics before his attention latches onto something a little more interesting than what he sees multiple times in a day.

A visitor isn't necessarily unheard of, but from Kunikida-san's words it doesn't sound like a client, which poses the question of who else would visit the Agency? They've had a journalist or two before (that didn't go well), and some people from the police occasionally, and even some members of the Supernatural Special Operations Division once. Someone like that again, perhaps?