𝐼. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒢𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝐻𝑒𝓁𝓁

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

You love him despite the burden of Atlas

resting on his shoulders,

and he loves you despite the death

still clinging to your lips,

and the blood drying at its corners.

What a pair you make.

-the greatest lovers in hell || L.H.Z

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Silence reigned in the hallway, resting over the shoulders of the two guards who stood in wait in front of the elevator, weighing upon their already straight spines and straining the air with something that needed to be spoken.

At last, when it became too much to handle, the younger of the two decided to speak up, for the sake of his own mind as it rebelled against the thought of staying idle. "Who exactly are we expecting?" he asked his senior, knowing that the other man had been informed of whoever they were awaiting.

The elder man glanced at his junior from the corner of his eye, although it was nearly impossible to tell thanks to the dark-tinted glasses covering his eyes. "Executive Dazai Osamu and his partner, (L/n) (Y/n)," he answered, his tone clipped and quiet to somehow match the atmosphere of the silent building.

Eyebrows furrowing, the younger frowned. "I've heard of them," he muttered, suppressing the chill that ran down his spine at the remembrance of the rumors he had managed to pick up in his short time with the Port Mafia. "The youngest executive of the Mafia, isn't he? And there was some name for (L/n), as well..." the man trailed off, struggling to remember.

"The Devil's Apprentice," his senior supplied instead, bringing the younger male to nod dazedly. "She earned the name before she joined the Mafia. She may not be an Executive, but she is a well respected member and may as well have the title given her authority around here."