𝒳𝐼𝐼𝐼. 𝒲𝒾𝓃𝒹, 𝒮𝓊𝓃𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑀𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓈

Atsushi sighs, deciding to finally admit to himself that he is, in fact, bored

Atsushi sighs, deciding to finally admit to himself that he is, in fact, bored. So bored that he might start considering asking Dazai-san to see if there's anything he can do to pass the time, which in itself is a dangerous train of thought as he has come to learn. 

Days off aren't all that rare at the Agency, but there has been an increase in the activity that requires his presence at work, so it's the first day off he's had in a while. And sure, relaxing is nice, but it gets a little boring after the first couple of hours when he's on his own. Everyone else still has work, and as sad as it sounds, the only people he can call friends are the ones at the Agency. 

"Uh, excuse me?" a voice calls out, followed by a polite tap on his shoulder that has Atsushi turning to face a nervous looking boy who shoots him an awkward smile. "I think I'm a little lost right now. Would you mind helping me?"

It's something to do, and Atsushi does enjoy being of help to others, so he jumps on the opportunity with a little more excitement than probably needed when he nods eagerly. "Of course! What do you need?"

Brightening, the other boy smiles gratefully. "I'm supposed to be meeting my sister at some sort of carnival that's in town, except, I got lost, and my phone is dead. I was wondering if you could possibly point me in the right direction?" 

The boy speaks fast, probably out of nervousness, and Atsushi has take a hot second to decipher all the words before he nods. 

"I think I know, but you're pretty far away from it right now. Are you sure you'll be alright on your own?" he asks, frowning in concern. "You don't seem to be from around here."

At this, the boy grins, straightening and waving his hand. "Oh, don't worry about that. I used to live here before, so I can find my way around eventually." 

Shrugging, Atsushi provides the required directions as best as he can, but he has trouble phrasing directions and the boy's smile fades away into a look of horrified confusion that only makes Atsushi feel awful and useless until he finds himself just offering to walk the boy there because they're both awful at this, obviously.