004 - Dustin Henderson

~Your POV~

Robin was taking her turn scooping, while I was lounging around in the back, flipping through magazines and watching Steve. "So why are you so excited?" I asked. Steve was really smiling like an idiot and bouncing his leg up and down anxiously.

"My friend is coming back from camp today," he said. "Your friend, as in another 13 year old?" "He's 14 now. Plus, we're like brothers." I laughed at this, and then set my magazine down to slide open the two small doors.

"Would that be your friend?" I asked, pointing to a curly headed boy who was talking with Robin. His name was Dustin, apparently. Steve peeked over my shoulder, and then burst through the door.

"Henderson!" Steve yelled, bouncing around. Him and the boy both laughed with each other.
"He's back, he's back!" He ran up to the boy. They spent a short amount of time talking about Steve getting a job, until they exchanged some weird handshake, which ended in Steve spilling his guts all over the floor.

"How many children are you friends with?" Robin asked, making them move their conversation over to a table in the corner, along with our Scoops Ahoy special.

"So, Robin.." God, I was nervous as hell even thinking about this.

~Robin's POV~

"I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go see a movie at the drive-in tonight...they're showing Creature From The Black Lagoon, and I thought.." She started to trail off. "Sure," I said, returning to drawing on my shoes.

"Perfect," She said. "So I'll pick you up at ten?" She asked, raising a brow, and I nodded my head.

Maybe this could just be my joy ride of getting over Tammy Thompson, I thought, just before we got interrupted by Dustin yelling something about tapping in to a secret Russian communication. I laughed a little at this, knowing they didn't, and because everyone was staring at him and Steve.

~Small Time Skip<Your POV~

Erica and her posse were back, again bothering Robin. "Steve!" She yelled.

When he didn't reply, she burst through the back door. I heard her yell at him and his friend, calling them shitbirds. Not knowing what to do, I walked into the back as well, watching everything play out.

"Yeah? And how do you know these Russians are up to no good anyways?" She said as I walked in, and both Steve and Dustin looked up at her. "How did she know about the Russians?" Steve looked down at him, saying something that was muffled by the banana that what shoved down his throat.

They continued having a heated argument for a few seconds. "Hello, I can hear you." She interrupted. "Actually, I can hear everything. Y/n, too. You are both extremely loud."

"You think you have evil Russians plotting against our country, on tape, and you're trying to translate, but you haven't figured out a word, because you didn't realize that the Russians use an entirely different alphabet than us. Sound about right?" Robin said, and they looked at her in shock.

She then reached out to try and grab the tape recorder, but Steve snatched it away from her. "What are you doing?" He asked. "I want to hear it." "Why?" They both asked, and she rolled her eyes. "Because maybe I can help."

"I'm fluent in four languages, you know." She then spoke something in Pig Latin, just to mess with them, making me let out a laugh. Steve and Dustin exchanged the same goofy smile. "That was Pig Latin, dingus." Robin said dryly, then explaining how her ears are 'little geniuses.'

After a little more convincing, Steve handed her the recorder, swiftly walking past me.

"So, who are you?" Dustin looked at me. "I'm Y/n," I smiled. "Can you help us?" He asked, making Robin look back at me. "I..Yes, actually. I speak a little Russian." I said, taking my seat in between them.

-

I haven't updated in over a week, so here's this. And if you think so, would you please tell me if this chapter seems at all disorganized? Thanks..oh, and have a great day/night, bye