[Book One] Chapter Four: Uchiha Party

The tests went similarly for Obito and Rin.

For Obito, the written test was kind of difficult, but he was able to do really well on the parts that he remembered from class or Kakashi's studying sessions at home. He excelled in the ninjutsu segments, though.

One Rin's hand, she understood and aced most of the written test and was a little higher than average with the jutsu.

Riku and the nameless chunin teacher had to agree that Kakashi was valedictorian of his class and that the trio was advanced for their ages. I don't think there was a single doubt, not even with the other classmates.

When all the kids were back in the classroom, Riku and the other judge went to finish talking to them.

"Good job on the test, everyone. There isn't a single one of you here that failed! Everyone passed and met our expectations. Some even exceeded them." Riku began. "However, one of you rose above the others and will be the class' valedictorian. That student is Kakashi Uchiha for getting a 100% judging from the written and ninjutsu tests combined." 'Ooh's and 'Ah's were heard throughout the classroom and even one 'What's so surprising? It's Kakashi-kun. Of course he'd get a 100% and set a new record.' from a fangirl of his.

He got up and walked to the front of the class where he was handed the scroll. After reading it out loud, everyone was dismissed and went home to or with their families. In Kakashi and Obito's case, it was with the family.

Not wasting a second, Sakumo got right to the point. "Did you pass? What was your percentage? Did they tell you? Were you valedictorian?" He quizzed. Kakashi had gotten used to this after a while with his father and answered effortlessly. "Yes. 100. Yes and yes." "That's my boy." the White Fang said, roughing up his son's hair. "What about you, Obito? Did you pass?"

Just hearing that someone cared about the war orphan made Obito happy. "Yep. With flying colors, of course. It's just natural if you're to become Hokage and that's what I'm going to do." Sakumo chuckled. "I bet you are. My money's on you, kid. Don't let me down." With a smile threatening to overthrow his other facial features, Obito replied "Don't worry about it, Sakumo-jii-san. I got it covered."

"Why don't you come out to dinner with us, Obito. We're all going out together. And bring Rin over with you, if she isn't already going out with her parents." Minata offered. "Sure thing. I'll be right back." the energetic genin exclaimed, running to find his girlfriend.

"Obito always puts a smile on my face." Sakumo said, and Fugaku popped up from seemingly nowhere. "Heard you and Obito passed," he congratulated Kakashi. "Nice to know there's more of us in the field." "Hai." Kakashi replied. "Please, be more familiar with me. I am not Hokage. I'm your uncle." he replied, surprising everyone with a small and soft smile. "Okay, Fugaku-jii." "Better." the clan head responded but Kakashi knew exactly what the grown man wanted, control over him.

---------------------------

[Timeskip-- Uchiha Academy Graduation Party]

"Are you sure I should be here?" Rin asked, feeling a little a little shy as she was the only non-Uchiha at the restaurant. "It's okay, Rin. You're basically part of the family. No need to feel out of place." her boyfriend responded, reassuringly. "Wow Obito-nii, way to say you want her to join the clan with you. Might as well get on your knee with a ring. Nevermind, you need to take her to Clan Leader Fugaku-ji to gain his blessing first." Kakashi teased, knowing (and laughing at) how flustered the older would become. "K-KAKASHI!" he yelled in response. Rin, who was also flustered, turned her head away to hide the blush.

Sakumo stood up and tapped his glass to gain everyone's attention. "Hello and thank you all for coming. Today is a very special occasion. Not one, but two of our young have graduated from the Academy with high marks. A good friend of theirs, Rin Nohara, as well passed with great achievements. As Kakashi, Obito, and Rin move on in the shinobi world, it shall continue to be our duty to make sure they learn well and keep on the right path! To Obito, Kakashi, and Rin! Cheers!" The restaurant was filled with glass ringing and many "Cheers!" in response to such a speech.

The party lasted long into the night; the children recieving many presents, Rin included. It was a very light-hearted occasion for the Uchiha clan who was under a lot of stress in their real lives. Now they could put that aside and bond with family members. It was truly a great night for a clan who would normally not do this.

After bidding his farewells, Kakashi and his parents went home last, sending Obito and Rin off earlier to make sure they got home at a reasonable time. When they finally got home, the fresh graduate wanted to take some time to rest, but wasn't grated that immediately.

"Kakashi, son, come sit down for a second." Sakumo invited, but it was more like an order. Sighing, the boy obeyed, sitting between his father and mother as they looked at him. "Listen, Kakashi, tomorrow you'll get your Jonin Sensei and we're not completely sure of who it is yet. All we want you to do is make sure you're respectful to them. Regardless of who it is." Akimi, his mother, began.

'Well, I'm pretty sure it'll be Minato Sensei.' "Yes, kaa-san." he responded, looking forward to the time his mom ends the speech. "Come on, Kashi, take this seriously. Jonin are your superior shinobi and you're there to learn from them. But most importantly, always remember that your tou-san and I love you and would put you first in any situation, okay? Do you know that?" This made Kakashi smile. "Yes, kaa-san. I know. I'm tired though, so good night." the boy tried to excuse himself.

"Ah ah ah, Kashi. Give me a kiss first." his mother continued, not giving up easily. "Kaa-san! Nooooo!" he wined in response, still trying to make his way to his room. "Kakashi, do what your kaa-san says." Sakumo orders, finally butting in. "Not you too, tou-san! I'm not doing it! I'm grown now!" the silver headed boy retorted, feeling betrayed.

"Well, I'm not taking 'no' for an answer." Akimi said, getting to her feet; a final warning for her son. Fear flashed in Kakashi's eyes as he gave up, not wanting to be on her bad side. "Fine... fine!" he resigned, giving his mom a kiss and going to bed. "We did a good job, didn't we." Sakumo said, wrapping and arm around his wife's waist and pulling her in close. "I think we did." she responded, smiling softly.

Kakashi himself was in his room smiling as he thought about his parents. He was sire things would've turned out differently if they never died in his past life and this is proof. And with a warm smile on his face, he drifted to sleep, ready for another day.