[Book One] Chapter Two: Academy Prodigy

"Continue boy" was what Kakashi had heard from Fugaku for almost 2 hours of training.

He had shown his mastered footwork, unlocked his Sharingan to the second stage, and shown various Jutsu in the time period as well. Nevertheless, he was barely drained as he watched his uncle comprehend was was seen before him.

Not soon after, Sakumo had returned with orders to bring Kakashi to Sarutobi aka Lord Third.

"Kakashi boy," Hiruzen began, looking for the right words. "Yes, Lord Third?" the boy responded. "How long have you known of these jutsu and such?" Kakashi was prepared for this question and answered with confidence. "Well they come to my head sometimes. Today I just tested them out. The warm ups I've been doing quite a bit in my room sometimes."

"Hmm. Interesting. You know the Academy starts in just about 2 years for you, now that you're seven." "Hai, I am aware of such things." "I would like you to enter this year instead. There will be other 7 and 8 year olds there as well, so you won't be alone. " "Hai, sir. I will do my best."

"Great! This new generation sure is promising. You are dismissed."

2 weeks later

"Okay Kakashi, you ready for your first day?" His mother, now known as Akimi Uchiha, asked her son. "Hai, kaa-san. I will not let you down." "You better not. You know how your mom gets when she's angry." a deep voice said, Kakashi nodding in agreement. "Your father's right. Even I know how I am when I'm let down." Kakashi smiled.

Today was his first day of the Academy. He had been excused from the Entrance Exam per Hiruzen's request and had been allowed to choose whatever gear and outfits he wanted as a gift from his parents. He was actually excited to be going back to the Academy. Some of his best days were during those times, when he thought of it.

He was about to walk out of the house when his hand was grabbed by his mother. He was a bit taken aback at this. "Kaa-san? What are you doing." "Walking you to your first day at the Academy. That's what." "You can't go! It's embarrassing! My whole objective is to impress kids by being cool and besides--" Kakashi started before feeling someone smack him upside the head. "Now you let your mother go. I won't go because of my stupid meeting but I still have some rules." "Hai, hai. What are they?"

"Rule 1: Don't show any of your best jutsu. Conceal your true power but destroy everyone else at the same time. Rule 2: Make friends. I know you can be a cold boy and aren't good at sugar coating things. It's probably my fault because you train most of the day and don't really get chances to meet other kids. But this is your chance to make allies. Rule 3: Don't correct your teacher. It's embarrassing to be corrected by a child when you are a chunin teacher. Rule 4: Address people respectfully. Elder children with -san, younger with -kun, higher class students with -senpai, teachers with -sensei, and you know the rest."

"Last but most importantly Rule 5: Do not sleep in class. I mean it, Kakashi. When you get bored you sleep. Not to mention that you don't even bother to hide it. If I get any reports of sleeping in class from teachers, there will be a punishment. Got it?" "Hai, tou-san. No sleeping in class." Kakashi said, begrudgingly. How was he supposed to stay awake when he knows all of this stuff? I mean he has the mind of a jonin!

"Oh one more thing." Sakumo said. "What is it-" Kakashi was about to finish talking when he was engulfed in his father's hug. "I love you, son."

Flashbacks swarm Kakashi of the times he bad mouthed his father for being soft and dying for his friends and it made him feel unworthy of his Father's love. It took him a while before he could even be certain of his words but Kakashi replied with a nice, soft, and meaningful "I love you too, tou-san."

Soon after, he and his mother made their way to the village Shinobi Academy. All the kids were there with their parents as well, not just Kakashi. "See, Kakabaka, all the other kids have their parents here as well so I don't want to hear any complaints from you, got it?" Akimi ordered. "Hai, hai." Kakashi responded, only to be respectful.

"Oh look, it's your cousin, Obito." his mother pointed to a young boy with spiky black hair and an orange and blue outfit on that made him look foolish. Kakashi was an ANBU before, so he knew how to conceal his feelings and did exactly that by looking at the boy, uninterested. The boy and his parents walked over to the two and Obito approached Kakashi.

"Hi! I'm Obito Uchiha and I'm going to be the Fourth Hokage!" Kakashi did nothing to entertain the boy and just looked up at seemingly nothing.

"Uhhhhh, what's your name?" Obito asked his cousin. "Kakashi Hat- Uchiha." Kakashi responded, still looking at seemingly nothing that happens to be in the sky and trying to play it off. "Nice to meet you, Kakashi! If you're an Uchiha, then we're related!"

"I would suppose so, Fugaku-jisan told me that we're cousins." "Woah, you must be super close to the main branch is Fagaku-san is your uncle." "Yeah, my dad's his little brother so we're really close in linage." "Woah! Cool!" "I guess."

"Hey, how old are you Kakashi?" "I just turned seven about two weeks ago." "Really? I'm turning eight in November." "Ah, so I should address you as Obito-niisan." "Yep, Kakashi-ototo" 'This is weird. Was he always that much older than me? Hmm..."

5 months later

"We're now going to do an new exercise. We've all seen each others jutsu and techniques, but it's time for you now to spar against each other." Riku-sensei explained and everyone looked at Kakashi as he slightly visually celebrated. Okay, maybe a little more visually than he should've. "Kakashi, you're looking especially happy about this. Why don't you and...Obito be our first match." He went on and the boys didn't refuse.

Both walked up to the small space fenced in by gates in front of the forest. "Ready for this ototo?" Obito asked, confidently. "You should be asking yourself that Obito-niisan." Kakashi replied with a smirk.

"Okay, begin." Riku-sensei instructed and bother took a leap back from each other. 'He already knows my hand. I've shown enough for right now and don't want to reveal anything else. However, just because he knows it doesn't mean he knows how I use it in combat. That might be my leg up. I've see Obito fight before, so I'm more prepared. Okay, let's begin.'

Without warning, Kakashi throws a kunai at his cousin, catching him visibly off guard. At that moment the silver headed seven year old skillfully and quickily dashes at the opponent, and does hand signs.

"Fire Style: Great Fireball Jutsu!"

A huge mass of flames is pushed at Obito's current position, but he dodges with ease coming in with his own attack.

"Fire Stlye: Fire Bullet Jutsu!"

Suddenly, bullets of fire come hurling at Kakashi, but he draws his sword and infuses his arm and the blade with chakra in order to block them.

Everyone was surprised. That didn't know that the two were this skilled. But Kakashi and Obito were just enjoying themselves.

"I'm surprised. You're a formidable opponent, ototo," the older says, smirking. "I could say the same to you, Obito-nii," the jonin replies, returning the wicked smile. "But now I'm going to have to beat you. No hard feelings right?" Kakashi continued. "Sure, but you're not going to wi-"

Obito was cut off by Kakashi who was holding a kunai at his neck and bending his arms behind his back.

"The winner is, Kakashi Uchiha." Riku announced and everyone cheered. He had collected multiple fangirls through that fight and so did Obito. They used some impressive jutsu in the match and showed how to think calmly in the face of doom. No wonder they were put in so early.