[Book One] Chapter One: Rude Awakening.

September 19

Kakashi opened his eyes. Everything was a little blurry, so he balled his fingers into a fist and rubbed them. It felt strange though. He didn't as rough hands as he did before...

Once his eyes had adjusted to the light, he saw two figures. He wasn't even close to them in terms of height. He remembered one of the faces. "Dad..." he whispered, catching the attention of the two in there. 

Kakashi's observation was correct. The man standing before him was his Father, but not the same man as before. His hair was long, but tamed and black this time around. Not to mention the woman next to him. His facial features were the same, though. 

Just then, a man that looked just like Fugaku Uchiha walked in. "Onii-san. I see you've made it back from your mission successfully." Sakumo, Kakashi's father, stated. Meanwhile the silver haired Hokage was confused. He wasn't an Uchiha. He was a Hatake! Right?

"Yes, I'm fine, Sakumo-outou. How's Kakashi?" He said before all three of them shifted their gaze to a young Kakashi, around the age of 7, sitting on a chair. He looked uninterested in the book he was reading, but nevertheless, he read on. Kakashi looked down at himself and came to the shocking age realization. 'I-I'm still alive?! And back in time! H-how?'  Although on the inside he was panicking, on the outside, he still looked uninterested. "Actually, he is doing quite well. He turned seven recently. I know you came by to drop off his present, so I made him get up and come downstairs to wait for you." "Ah, yes, Akimi-imouto. I have come with a special gift that I think he will find very amusing. Kakashi, boy, come over here." 

I don't know what it was, but, something about his uncle's voice made Kakashi set down his book, calm down his nerves, and obey commands. Freaky, huh.

"Hai, Fugaku-jisan?" Kakashi replied respectfully. "I brought you a gift. I know I wasn't here on your birthday a couple days ago, so I made sure to make this gift very special." He said before taking a box from his robe as well as a key. "What is it?" Kakashi asked, genuinely curious about the object. "It's a family heirloom. It's very old and important and immensely powerful if put into practice. Here, take it." Kakashi reached for the box and key opened it, revealing a necklace with a jewel on it. "What kind of jewel is this?" he asked, unfamiliar with it. "It isn't a jewel, it's a stone. A chakra stone. Overtime, it collects Nature and Human chakra and stores it, becoming a chakra affinity. As I previously stated, it's a pretty old heirloom, so by now, it should hold 2 chakra affinities. The best part is, the more you train with the affinities, the  more it becomes your own and you end up having it even after removing the necklace. Cool, huh."

It truly was amazing. Since Kakashi only had 1 chakra affinity, lightning, he could at least fire and water again without having to learn them the hard way. That also means that he could use Lightning Blade sooner. Of course, he'd still have to practice, that was a given, but it would be much easier. He wouldn't learn wind, for it was an extremely had affinity to learn, so he'd only have to learn earth. That was easy though. All in all, things were looking pretty good.

"Thank you, Fugaku-ji. I will put it to good use." Kakashi meant what he said. He was going to start training with it as soon as soon as possible. "Excuse me, kaa-san, tou-san, ji-san, if I may be excused, I would like to get train now."

They all looked at him like he was crazy, but Sakumo and Fugaku turned it into excitement and joy before the boy's father spoke. "Sure, but I would like to watch. I promise I won't get in your way. If that's okay with you, of course." "I would like to do the same. You are closely related to the main branch and it would do us well to see your skill." Fugaku stated, blunty expressing his feelings on the matter. "Hai."

Before going into the spacious yard, which would now be where Kakashi trained, the silver-haired jonin went upstairs to salvage as many ninja tools he could find in a house where he wasn't supposed to find weapons. 

Despite that, he ended up finding more than enough to fill a pouch. Senbon, kunai, paper and smoke bombs, you name it.

He went back downstairs with metal plated wrist and shin guards, a short sword, a ninja pouch full of tools, and a sharingan ready to unlock. It would be easier if he could just train hard enough to awaken them. It shouldn't be hard as he would be switching how hard his training would be so quickly now.

"Where did you get all of that?" Sakumo asked. He was sure he hid it all a while ago. "Found it in obvious places like the tops of bookshelves. When I focus my chakra, I can see a sense of where everything is. It's almost like the sharingan but different." Kakashi explained. "Interesting..." was all he got from Fugaku before beginning.

He began some basic warm ups first. He didn't want to push himself too hard, so he decided he'd just keep going until it started to hurt. He ended up with a total of 50 push-ups, 63 sit-ups, 35 lunges, and 14 squats before he gave up. Pretty good for a seven year old. Sure impressed the men before him.

Next he did some taijutsu. There were a number of trees in the yard, so he tried it on those. He gave a sturdy one that looked like it had been there for years a nice sidekick and made a very significant dent in it. Then when he punched it, it was on the verge of falling over. He decided to add some of his lightning chakra in his hands to use a nintaijutsu punch. When the chakra infused fist hit the tree, it went flying over the fence into a nearby field. 

His mom had come out by that time to watch, and all three adults were speechless to no end. They were shocked out of their mind, and the kid barely even cared. Heck, he probably didn't care at all! This was so new to the parents. Their son was a prodigy? But just yesterday he refused to turn off the TV because the remote was too far from the couch!

"We must tell Lord Third about this immediately!" Sakumo said, finally getting words out of his mouth before shunshining away. Meanwhile, Fugaku wanted to see more. "Continue, boy." he commanded.

Kakashi had a feeling he wouldn't grow up as a normal boy.