Chapter 41

Sean is a lot younger than Eddie. He seems to be around the guys age... maybe a year or two older. Aurora wondered what he was so miserable about.

Brandon reappeared with a clear bag full of different pieces to the costume. He placed the bag in the small girl's hand. "Okay. Here ya go. It's a size small, hopefully that fits. The fitting rooms are back there-" he pointed to the opposite side of the store. "-but this costume has a lot of parts, so you might want to ask one of your friends for some help."

With that he walked away and resumed to his task- picking up the orange nerf gun bullets from the floor.

Aurora looked up at Sean expectantly.

"Don't even think about it."

The girl pouted. How did he even know what I was gonna ask? She looked down at the costume in her hand and then back up at the very serious man. "B-But..."

Sean raised an eyebrow causing the girl to immediately shut her mouth.

She clutched her costume tighter in her hands and stomped away. "Zayn?" She called into the air.

"Over here!"

She tried to follow the sound of the man's voice but she had a little trouble. "Zayn?" she called again. She heard the man chuckle. "Right behind you hun." Aurora spun on her heel and came face to face with the raven haired man. She held out her costume and pouted. "I need help please." Zayn smiled and took the costume from her hands reading the large name sprawled across the top.

"Cleopatra.... the ancient Queen of Egypt... love it."

He grabbed the girl's hand and led her to the dressing room. "Okay babe take your clothes off so we can see how this looks." Aurora stripped out of her shirt and sweats. Zayn helped her into the white dress and took a step back. It seemed to fit perfectly. He helped her slide her hands into the gold bracelets and smiled seeing her spin in front of the mirror. "Sooo prettyyy..."

Zayn grabbed the wig from the package and frowned. "Uh... I think you have to wear this but I'm not exactly sure how to put it on." Aurora eyed the bundle of hair in the man's hand and giggled. "Who's hair is that?" Zayn chuckled and kissed the girl's forehead. "Its not real hair love. You put it on top of your hair. It's apart if the costume."

The girl formed an 'o' with her lips as she grabbed the hair from the man's hands. She stepped out of the dressing room and walked to the front of the store. "Brandon!"

The boy was on his phone and looked up hearing his name being called. He smiled brightly when he saw Aurora. "Wow! You look beautiful... a Queen indeed." The shy girl giggled turning a darker shade of red. She held up the wig and pouted. "I don't know how to put this on. Can you help me please?"

"Sure." he pointed to a little box behind her. "Reach in that box and grab one of those. It's a wig cap. I have to put that on you before the wig goes on."

The girl grabbed the cap and handed it to Brandon. He helped her into the wig and walked into the accessories isle. He grabbed the headpiece and gently placed it on the girl's head. "There ya go your highness."

Aurora giggled as she examined herself in the mirror. Her hair was now black and she had bangs. She was covered in fancy accessories. She could barely recognize herself.

"Woah..."

She whipped around and saw Niall standing there with wide eyes. "Aurora... you look beautiful..."

Niall was dressed in his yellow power ranger outfit and he held the helmet in his left hand.

The shy girl smiled looking down at her shoes. "..t-thank you...I think I'm gonna be this for Halloween. I like your costume too. Are you gonna get it?"

The blonde haired boy shrugged looking over his outfit in the mirror. "I think so... I like this a lot more than the Chucky one."

***

The group ended up playing another game but this time it was tag. By the time they were done the store was a wreck. There were toys and candy scattered all over the floor. Eddie sighed as he ran his hand over his face. "Guys... come on... you do realize that Sean and I have to pay for that right?"

The boys frowned and avoided eye contact with the older man. "Sorry.." they mumbled.

Eddie approached the counter and sighed. "I'm really sorry about this. I'll pay for any damages to the store."

Brandon shrugged, "it's alright. I don't think anything is broken. I just have to clean up... no biggie. You just owe me for the nerf guns and the costumes that's all."

Eddie reached into his wallet and pulled out a black card.

Aurora could feel herself growing more and more tired by the second. Her eyes drooped closed and then popped back open. Her head lolled to the side and she stumbled bumping into something rather hard. She whimpered sticking her thumb into her mouth wishing that she had her pacifier. "Sorry.." she mumbled. Tears stung in her eyes as she looked up making eye contact with an angry looking Sean. She rubbed her eyes with her small fist and yawned. She didn't mean to bump into him.

Sean looked down at her with a confused expression. Why is she crying? I didn't even say anything to her.

The girl grew more and more tired as she waited for Eddie to pay and finish scolding the boys. It took longer than usual because Eddie made the guys help Brandon clean up the store. Falling a little further into her headspace, Aurora whimpered as she plopped down onto the cool floor. She was about to rest her head and close her eyes, but two strong arms scooped her up and placed her on their hip.

"The floor is dirty...."

Sean.

She didn't exactly know how to react but she was far too tired to do anything but rest her head in the crook of his neck. He sighed trying to control himself. He took his large hand and gently rubbed the girls back. He wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do but he seemed satisfied with himself hearing the girl's slow even breaths in his ear.