Chapter 1: The Child

Ink's POV:

Error and I are fighting again. I just don't understand why he destroys! I'm currently struggling to stand up. I look into Error's eye sockets and see nothing. I shudder at how emotionless he looks. I was about to get up when I heard a child's cry. I look at Error and he looks as shocked as I do. He suddenly takes off running to the kid. Wait... He might harm them! I go after him as quickly as I could, but I'm not as fast as I normally am due to low magic levels.

I arrive at a forest clearing where I see Error holding a kid that looks like both him and me. He is gently swaying them while humming as the kid falls asleep. I've never seen Error like this...

"Error?" I hesitated. He looks at me so fast I'm surprised his neck didn't snap.

"What?" He demanded, making me flinch. I've never seen Error angry before. He sighed and wrapped the child in his jacket that he was previously wearing. He got up and walked to me, making me flinch once again.

"Take them." He says, holding out the kid.

"Wait... What?!" I asked, confused.

"Take this kid. I don't have the requirements to care for them, nor the correct mental mind. I get that you don't understand emotions often but you're a better fit than me." He explained, gently laying the kid in my arms.

"First off, you care? Second, what do you mean you don't have the requirements?" I asked, puzzled.

"I may have experienced due to the Chara equals but you do know that I live in the Anti-void right? And Nightmare's castle is not an option due to the gang acting like children themselves. The support system for the Chara's won't work because they need to be in their AU's when the final fallen human resets. So by the star's just take the child." He rants looking away.

I have the requirements but he has experience. I don't even know the first thing about taking care of a kid... Wait... maybe...

"Error? I... have a suggestion..."