xii. fellas, i think he's possessed

chapter twelve
fellas, i think he's possessed

 THE NIGHT BEFORE was a blur, all the screaming and yelling and running. If Rue forced herself to remember, she'd recall the bright lights and all the noise. Oh, there was so much noise.

  The girl passed out on one of the chairs, and her eyes shut tight as she squirmed in her sleep. Maybe, she's having a bad dream, but as the blood rolled down her nose when she shifted, people would think otherwise.

  There was a frown on her pink lips as she groaned softly. She felt awake. She felt wide awake. But at the same time, she felt like she was dreaming. Was it a lucid dream? Those dreams where you know you're dreaming?

  She thought so until she turned around. What was this place, and why is everything black? What is this water at her feet?

  Rue began to panic. Where was she? Because this was not the hospital room she fell asleep.

  Oh my God, Rue has been kidnapped. She has gotten kidnapped, and they're going to kill her.

  "Hello? E-Emilia?"

  She froze, there it was, the same voice she heard that called for Mike a few days ago. Rue didn't turn around. Why was this person calling for her mother now? Why did this person kidnap her?

  "Emilia?" They called again, and Rue swallowed thickly when she heard the splashing steps.

  She jumped at the feeling of someone's hand on her shoulder, pulling her to turn around, "Please don't hurt me!" she squeaked, shutting her eyes. "I swear, I didn't steal anything or am I in one of those Italian Mafia bosses!"