ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ- ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀᴇ

°∘✰*°☽∘
↳ ʙᴏʀɴ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ↲
CHAPTER THREE- THE STORE

It was around ten in the morning and val needed to sneak out of her hospital room

It was around ten in the morning and val needed to sneak out of her hospital room. She needed to go to the store actually, to save the world she needed to go to the store. She laughed at the thought.

Dr. Hopper came in and checked on a few things then left. Val took this as her opportunity to leave. So she did. No one saw her or gave her weird looks it went smoothly. So val started her trek to the store.

Around five minutes later here she was in front of just a simple store that would have just what she needed. So she walked through the doors that 'opened on its own' and val wiped her noes to rid of the blood.

She walked down the technology isle and saw what she needed. A tape recorder and tapes. She smiled and grabbed what ones she wanted and headed to the cash register.

She paid with the little money she had that was just enough to pay for. She then walked out of the store and headed her way back to the hospital.

That was until someone screamed.

A woman was running along the sidewalk yelling and screaming for help. People immediately scattered away thinking something bad was going to happen. Val saw that there was a bullet in her stomach. Val immediately grabbed the woman's arm and pulled her to the alley way that was closest.

The women kept screaming so val put a hand over her mouth. "Shhh" val said. "I'm gonna help you get that bullet out alright but you have to stay still" the woman nodded then spoke. "H-how are you g-going to get it o-out your just a kid?" She asked but val didn't pay attention. Val focused on the woman's bloody bullet wound that luckily didn't go to far to do much damage, val closed her eyes and felt the warm blood trickle down her noes.

There was a clank against the concrete. And there was the bloody bullet laying there.

The woman looked at the girl in amazement and awe. "Thank you...." looking for a name. "Val" she replied then spoke again. "If you don't mind me asking what happened?" The woman nodded then spoke. "There was this man fighting s-spider man and h-he shot at him but he j-jumped and it hit me."
The woman said. She was still shooken up.

"I think you should go to the hospital I got the bullet out but just for extra precaution to make sure nothing is internal. I'll call an ambulance Alright? But I have to go tell them you know me alright?" The woman nodded a little confused by the girls words and she still hasn't questioned her powers which val was grateful for. The woman spoke "you have a gift val, thank you" val nodded and said a quick thank you before she began to hear the sirens.

Then she walked away. And someone watched the whole thing.

∹∗✧° ∹∗✧° ∹∗✧° ∹∗✧°

Val began walking back to the hospital again only to get swooped up by someone and land on a roof.

She opened her eyes and looked up "geez spider kid give me a warning next time will ya?!" She exclaimed. She looked at the hero and wondered why the hell he swooped her up she needed to be back at the hospital it was close to noon.

"I saw you help that woman back there" spider-man said. Val nodded. She re-arranged her back pack on her shoulder then spoke. "Why'd you pull me up here kid?" Val asked. Spider man frowned.

"Why do you keep calling me 'kid' I'm older than you" he asked. "How old are you then?" Val asked even though she knew, this was peter parker and she knew almost everything about him. Not to sound creepy or anything.

"Seventeen" Peter replied

"Same" val said

"What's your name and how did you do that whole 'I just pulled a bullet out of someone without even moving? I should tell Mr.stark" peter rambled on.
"You already know my name dude. And you should not tell tony not yet. Hey do you happen to have his mailbox address?" Val asked and peter looked at her questionably.

"I-I don't know you name a-and no your not getting his address?! I should take you to him right now." Val deadpanned. "Peter" he froze. "Do I really seem like a threat that you have to go to Tony? I literally just saved a woman!"

Peter was quick with a reply. "How the hell do you know my name?! And yes- well no- you don't seem like a threat but you have superpowers!? So you should see him and why do you call him Tony? Have you met him before because even I'm not allowed to call him that." Peter rambled once again until out of breath.

"We met yesterday dummy. Remember? You got gummy bears? And no I don't know tony I just don't do formal things not worth my time." Val said it was getting closer and closer to noon and as soon had hopper realizes she's gone she's never gonna be able to leave again.

"How did you know it was me?" Peter asked. Val shrugged "just knew" lie her gut told her. Peter didn't really think that was the full truth but shrugged it off because he felt something was wrong.

"I-I have to go. Um... we need to talk later. Bye!" He waved and was about to swing off the building. "Wait!" Val yelled. Peter turned back "I need to get off this building! Were you really just gonna leave me here" Peters cheeks turned red but val couldn't see under the mask. "N-no! Of course not! Here" he swiftly grabbed her by her waist and swung down from the building and landed in a clear alley way.

"Thank you" she yelled before she saw that he was no longer insight. She began to walk back to the hospital.

But then she passed out and she didn't even make it out of the alley.

∹∗✧° ∹∗✧° ∹∗✧° ∹∗✧°