23

T.W.: mention of suicide, mention of abuse

Percy sighed as he hung up the phone.

"Hey," Remy said, "what's wrong Perce?"

"My brother just had a bad breakup." Percy told him.

"Oh no," Remy frowned, "and right before Christmas."

"Yeah," Percy agreed, "he's going to stay over for a few days while his boyfriend moves out."

"That's fine Perce," Remy hugged his husband from behind, "he hasn't seen us in a few years anyway, a visit is long overdue."

Percy let out a laugh, "yeah."

"When's he coming?" Remy asked.

"Tomorrow around noon." Percy said, "he's already booked a flight."

"Wow, was it really that bad?" Remy asked.

Percy nodded, "apparently, he wouldn't give me any details over the phone."

Remy tightened his grip on his husband, "that worries me."

"Me too." Percy said, "Are the boys asleep?"

"Yeah." Remy replied, "Its getting late, we should go too."

"Okay." Percy nodded, "I'll meet you up there."

"Alright." Remy gave Percy a kiss and went upstairs.

Percy looked at his phone. What trouble had his little brother gotten himself into now? And why did he want to fly to the opposite side of the states from Florida? What was really going on?

~~~time skip~~~

"Uncle Thomas!" Patton yelled as he ran down the stairs.

"Hey Patt!" Thomas said setting down his luggage, "How's my nephew?"

"I'm... okay." Patton said.

"Just okay?" Thomas questioned.

Patton nodded and Thomas pulled the boy onto a half hug. Thomas was buried in two jackets, a hoodie, and a scarf.

"At least you're not bad or awful." Thomas said, taking off the hoodie and a jacket.

Patton smiled, "yeah."

"Thomas!" Remy shouted, sauntering down the hall, "How's my favorite brother-in-law!"

"Hey Remy," Thomas laughed, "I'm doing better."

"Come here." Remy said, pulling Thomas's into a hug.

Patton saw Thomas wince slightly when Remy patted his back. Remy pulled back and Thomas put on a smile.

"I'm going to go get Roman up," Remy told Patton.

"Roman?" Thomas asked, "did you adopt a kid?"

Remy smiled, "something like that."

Remy left and Patton took Thomas to the guest room. Roman had moved to Patton's room the night before. Once they had everything situated, Thomas and Patton were talking in the lounge.

"So what's been happening with you?" Thomas asked.

"A lot." Patton sighed.

Thomas frowned, "Do you wanna talk about it?"

Patton shrugged, "I guess."

"Okay." Thomas nodded.

"I was diagnosed with depression last week when I..." Patton paused, "When I tried to kill myself."

"Oh Patt." Thomas hugged the younger boy.

"My boyfriend, well, friend at the time, called me and then told Dad and Papa." Patton continued, "I'm starting therapy with a counselor after Christmas. His name in Dr. Picani."

"That's good." Thomas said, "So are you feeling better?"

Patton nodded.

Thomas smiled, "So you have a boyfriend. What's he like?"

Patton giggled, "he's wonderful! He's super smart and super nice. And he's always making sure hes not pushing me into anything."

"He sounds great." Thomas laughed lightly, "what's his name?"

"Logan." Patton said, a huge grin on his face.

Just then, Roman flopped on the couch, singing, "Patton and Logan sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-!"

Patton hit him with a pillow before he could finish. Roman laughed and they all talked. Soon, Virgil and Logan came by. They stayed for a while until Percy came home.

~~time skip ~~

After Logan and Virgil left, and Patton and Roman were in bed, Percy, Remy, and Thomas had a talk.

"So, I didn't like how vague you were over the phone." Percy said, crossing his arms.

Thomas sighed and nodded, "I know."

"What happened?" Percy asked.

"My boyfriend... ex-boyfriend." Thomas said, "he started hi-hitting me. When I broke up with hi-him, he grabbed my neck and threw me against the wall. I managed to push him off and out the door. I told him I was leaving and he had a week to get out."

"Tommy..." Percy hugged his younger brother tightly.

Thomas clung on to Percy's shirt, letting silent tears fall down his face. Remy came up and rubbed Thomas' back.

"Are you safe now?" Remy asked quietly.

Thomas pulled away from the hug and nodded, "yeah, I should be."

"Alright." Percy gave him a small smile, "go to bed now, you're helping us wrap gifts tomorrow."

Thomas smiled and laughed, "okay. Night guys."

"Night Thomas." Percy smiled sadly, "sleep well."