7

Sophie took a deep breath, biting her lip before she opened the door to the Moon household. She figured Kevin would be home today, awaiting her arrival. She took her supplies upstairs, prepared to start her usual routine.

She heard the sound of Beyonce playing from a distance and chuckled to herself. She was about to start cleaning when she accidentally dropped one of the brushes down the stairs, making plenty of noise.

"Shit," she muttered. She raced down the stairs as fast as she could and then back up, only to meet three boys waiting at the top for her. She looked up, only one of the faces familiar to her.

The two other boys were attractive as well, though Sophie was blinded by Kevin's beauty. She swallowed and tried to smile, wondering why they were all looking at her the way they were.

"Hey Soph," Kevin greeted her. Her heart fluttered as he spoke.

"Hey," she said back.

"These are my friends, Jacob and Eric," he introduced the other boys. Sophie smiled and greeted them with a polite nod.

"You actually do have friends," Sophie stated mockingly. Kevin smirked and nodded.

"We were gonna head out to get something to eat. You want anything?" he asked. Sophie shook her head.

"I'm good."

Kevin nodded. "We'll be back in a little while. We still on to watch that drama?"

Sophie chuckled and nodded. "Whatever you want."

"Okay but seriously, a maid that's our age and looks like that? It doesn't make any sense! She definitely found you online or something and was like 'I'm gonna go get a job at his house'."

Kevin rolled his eyes with a laugh. "Jacob it isn't that serious."

"She is really hot though," Eric replied. Kevin nodded.

"I know. What do you guys want?"

The boys pursed their lips as they stood in line for Chick-Fil-A. They got up to the counter, ordered and then waited for their food at the side.

"Kevin?" A voice called out. The three boys turned to see an older woman approaching them, her eyes hopeful. "Kevin Moon?" she called out again.

"Yes?" he responded. "Do I know you?" he asked as politely as possible.

"Hi," she greeted him with a smile. "I'm Sophie's mom. She sent me a picture of you two the other day while you guys were babysitting which is why I know what you look like. I just wanted to say I'm really happy that Sophie's finally in a relationship, and I hope you take good care of her. You must be a good guy for her to let you in, she always just pushes guys away."

Kevin's eyes went wide as his heart dropped. He forced a smile and a nod. "Haha, yeah, I really like her, no worries."

Sophie had just finished cleaning, sitting on the floor in the hallway by the door to catch her breath. She figured that the boys had finished eating by now and were on their way back, so she wanted to be less sweaty when they arrived.

They walked in a few minutes later, all of them with strange expressions on their faces. Sophie looked up from her phone that she was playing on and raised her eyebrows.

"So this super interesting thing happened while we were out just now," Kevin started. Sophie nodded slowly, waiting for him to continue. "This woman came up to me and talked about our relationship."

Sophie's stomach dropped as she froze in place. Kevin turned to Jacob and Eric, whispering silently to them, asking them to leave. Jacob patted him on the back and Eric smiled politely at Sophie before the two left the house.

"It was your mom," Kevin finished. Sophie let out the breath she was holding and put her head between her legs. Kevin sat on the floor in front of her, looking at her.

"I can explain."

After a few minutes of explaining the family stuff to Kevin, Sophie stopped talking, waiting for Kevin to say something. At first, he said nothing, just looked at her. After a few seconds he just started laughing.

He reached forward and patted her head with a smile. "You're so cute," he told her. "So now is this like one of those movies where we're gonna pretend to date?" he asked.

Sophie rolled her eyes with a shrug. "I don't know. I was gonna tell my mom the truth but she was so happy..."

"You know, if you would just date me this wouldn't be a problem," Kevin told her. Sophie bit her lip and took a breath, trying to figure out what to say. "Okay, so when do I meet the rest of your family?" he asked.

"I guess whenever you can," Sophie answered. Kevin looked at her with a smirk.

"So like today?" he asked. Sophie raised her eyebrows.

"Today?"

"Yeah, why not?"

Sophie bit her lip and nodded. "Okay, let's go then."